Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 08:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keisel close to new deal  (Read 484 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Aug 31, 2009 at 01:17 »

The Steelers are closing in on a five-year contract with defensive end Brett Keisel that could be finalized today.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09243/994451-66.stm#ixzz0PjrRxkQw
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2009 at 13:44 »

The Steelers have signed veteran defensive end Brett Keisel to a five-year contract, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said today at a news conference.

"I think it's no secret that he's our kind of guy," Tomlin said of Keisel, who had been entering the final year of his contract.

Among those released by the Steelers were wide receivers Martin Nance and Steven Black as well as center Alex Stepanovich and safety Derrick Richardson.

In other news from Tomlin's new conference, starting inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons is unlikely to play in the final preseason game Thursday because of a left ankle injury.

Timmons was seen walking around the Steelers' practice facility today in a boot and Tomlin did not say that he would definitely be ready for the regular-season opener Sept. 10 against the Tennessee Titans.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_640883.html
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2009 at 14:02 »

I like Keisel, solid player, great locker room guy, should be a good part of the D-Line rotation for the life of that contract.

I wonder if this means Snack is asking for the moon and a King's Buffet as part of his next contract. I mean I would have expected them to extend him before Keisel because, well, who the hell is going to play NT next year? Maybe a year of Hoke and the draft and groom a guy?
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2009 at 21:29 »

I love Keisel.  Seems like a great guy & a tough all-round player.

Hope that Snacks isn't being unreasonable, but we'll see.  What happens, happens.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: