Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 10:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hampton  (Read 347 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Sep 02, 2009 at 11:50 »

Article this morning in the PPG on Hampton and the slim chance of him remaining a Steeler after this season is over...

"All that don't matter, man," Hampton said. "My main focus is going back to the Super Bowl. I ain't no selfish guy, I've never been a selfish guy since I've been here. I've always been a team guy, and my main focus is to get back to the Super Bowl, helping these guys and showing them how to work and get back to it. We can't get complacent like we were last time. That's my goal."

"Being here this long and just being here and playing for them this period of time, I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't bother me because I do want to be here. You know what I'm saying? And I would like the security of being here, but I understand it's a business."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09245/994809-66.stm#ixzz0PvHsMlNZ

Night and day compared to the way Faneca handled a similar situation.  No bitching, no shots taken at ownership.  The big guy realizes it's a business and will play his ass off to help this team win #7.  I'm going to miss Big Snack.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2009 at 11:52 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2009 at 13:34 »

We'll all miss him, and his pear-shaped self.  The guy has been a player, the perfect prototype NG for the 3-4 scheme.  But, I can't see singing him to a huge contract.  Guy is going to be 33, and we all saw what happened to Joel Steed as he began to age.  I also hope that this motivates Big Snack to have a monster year.

As for his future, if he's smart he will play his butt off (well, a little of it off--hard to imagine he'll lose the whole thing) and hold out for the biggest contract he can get.  It'll most likely be his last.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: