Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 12:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q: What's a Dilfer?  (Read 523 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 02, 2009 at 13:36 »

A:  Fer spounting the company line on the QB hierarchy.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2009 at 21:37 »

Took him a year to write that?
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2009 at 09:09 »

Peyton and Beardy in a category of their own?  Fine.  They have stats galore and rings.  Nevermind that Ben has earned two rings in less time than it took Manning to win a playoff game.  No, forget that.  And totally neglect to point out that in practically every category of QB measure, Ben is around top 5 all time, nah, that's not important. Only Peyton and Beardy are Elite.  What's funny about that is Dilfer mentions how those evil "fantasy football" numbers have skewed how we value QBs, then in the same fucking article ranks those QBs with the highest FF #'s at the top!  WTFF!?

But how he can put Rivers and Brees ahead of Roethlisberger?  They're the only two Superstars!?

There's no game plan these guys can't beat.

Really!?  Guess the Chargers swept the Steelers last season then.  Damn, my memory must be faulty.  I wonder how Silverback remembers the SD games?

They are a championship ring away from joining Manning and Brady among the elite.

JHC.  So, a ring would make Brees and Rivers elite huh?  But Ben's TWO rings doesn't even get him into their group?  WTF is Dilfer talking about?  And as an aside, where does he rank himself?

Star QBs
... have overcome small holes in their games to produce in a big way and enjoy big-game success. These are consistent prime-time performers, with very little separating them from Superstar status.

No, Ben and his two rings will have to be happy languishing as a mere star with the likes of Dumbface and Matt fucking Hasselbeck.

I like the 4th category, Knocking at the Door

Quarterbacks with immense talent and potential who haven't won anything of significance yet. Playoff success will launch them into a higher category.

That sounds more like more of a fit for Rivers and Brees.  You know, as players who haven't won anything of significance yet.

What an idiotic article.  Can't say I've come to expect any better than that from the world wide purveyor of suck and their professional "analysts."

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2009 at 12:04 »

Uh, I believe that's spelled D - I - L -D - O.

What Jonzr said.   iagree  iamwithstupid  And that's all I have to say about that.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2009 at 21:57 »

That's a Kordell~ian piece.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2009 at 19:50 »

Tremendous post, Jonzr.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: