Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 16:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan advisory for Thursday's game  (Read 3627 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2009 at 22:21 »

Listen...I'm not particularly sensitive about racial issues but can we please act like educated adults?

Uh....
You're in the wrong forum for that...

B)

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 08:11 »

Listen...I'm not particularly sensitive about racial issues but can we please act like educated adults?

I understand your concern.  You have, what, 20-something posts here?  And it seems reasonable to be offended by this sort of excursion down the avenues of free expression.  If I amy offer you one piece of advice... 

Not to over-intellectualize bad behavior, but when posters here move beyond morbid and sardonic humor into the outer limits of irony, who and what is being parodied?  We skewer these repulsive attitudes and those who hold them, and at the same time indulge in the taboo of voicing the most inappropriate ideas possible, and in fact pushing them beyond the pale to the point of meaninglessness.  Absurdity and irony are two tropes of humor you will need to steel yourself with to survive this board, son. 

We survived every manner of idiocy on the ESPN message boards to start this site, and now, in retrospect, we've earned the privilege of mocking all that.  And being able to put on the ass hat.  Have fun.  Don't take shit so seriously. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 09:02 »

Absurdity and irony are two tropes of humor you will need to steel yourself with to survive this board, son. 

And you'll also need to know that the sandbox in the corner is fer pissin' in.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 09:15 »

Absurdity and irony are two tropes of humor you will need to steel yourself with to survive this board, son. 

Uhh, that's why I posted what my buddy sent, I've always found him absurd and ironic. Didn't mean to cause a minor uproar, it was all in good fun.
 cheer

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
BleedGreen710

« Reply #14 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 10:44 »

I'm insulted by the behavior in here. Shocked

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
BleedGreen710

« Reply #15 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 10:45 »

And you'll also need to know that the sandbox in the corner is fer pissin' in.

Or the parking lot......

Anyone going tonight?  I'll be there.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
jasonic

« Reply #16 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 10:49 »

Or the parking lot......

damn you beat me to your own punch.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
DocLogic77
N00b

Redneck-Esque

« Reply #17 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 10:51 »

And let me offer you some advice.  Don't gauge a person's ability to contribute by his post count.  I was one of the more active posters at the Trib for 4 years...even drove in from out of state to meet posters and see games.  I was very involved in the community and I would like to think I know my football...not to mention I have special insight into the more medical aspects of injuries...something that could be unique to this board.

With all of that said, I said I wasn't particularly sensitive about racial issues but if I were a black man posting at this board I would probably wouldn't post here any longer.  It's just not funny...and makes the "joker" out to be uneducated and ignorant.  And if this is any gauge of what goes on here I don't care to post here any longer.

So, if I hurt your feelings by scolding you...I apologize.  But, sometimes growing up is hard to do.

I understand your concern.  You have, what, 20-something posts here?  And it seems reasonable to be offended by this sort of excursion down the avenues of free expression.  If I amy offer you one piece of advice...  

Not to over-intellectualize bad behavior, but when posters here move beyond morbid and sardonic humor into the outer limits of irony, who and what is being parodied?  We skewer these repulsive attitudes and those who hold them, and at the same time indulge in the taboo of voicing the most inappropriate ideas possible, and in fact pushing them beyond the pale to the point of meaninglessness.  Absurdity and irony are two tropes of humor you will need to steel yourself with to survive this board, son.  

We survived every manner of idiocy on the ESPN message boards to start this site, and now, in retrospect, we've earned the privilege of mocking all that.  And being able to put on the ass hat.  Have fun.  Don't take shit so seriously.  
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2009 at 10:54 by DocLogic77 » Logged

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public, with the public's money - Alexis De Tocqueville
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #18 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 10:59 »

As they say...don't let the door...

Beebo

Let see who gets that...

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
DocLogic77
N00b

Redneck-Esque

« Reply #19 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 11:00 »

Uhh, that's why I posted what my buddy sent, I've always found him absurd and ironic. Didn't mean to cause a minor uproar, it was all in good fun.
 cheer

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public, with the public's money - Alexis De Tocqueville
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: