Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 06:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Locks of the Week - Week #1  (Read 355 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 13, 2009 at 11:14 »

Been awhile since I did this so I figured, "wtf."  Might as well share my shitty picks with everybody.

I think the last time I did this was the '07 season and I had a bad year.  Last year I didn't and I had a very good year.  You'd think I would try to avoid the jinx and keep these to myself, but you know what I say to that...fuck jinxes!!  Here we go!

LOCKS
Lock #1 - Minnesota @ Cleveland (+4) - Really, this is my biggest pick.  Absolutely love it.  AP will run wild over that Cleveland defense (took him this week too as one of my RBs in my Fantasy Survivor Team league...can only use each player once a year).  So long as Favre doesn't give it away (*crosses fingers*), I see the Vikes with an easy double digit win.

Lock #2 - New York Jets @ Houston (-4.5) - This one's totally predicated on Schaub.  If he plays, the Texans win by 7+.  Can't wait to see the "revamped" Jets defense get blasted by the Texans.  

Lock #3 - Jacksonville @ Indianapolis (-7) - Like the Jags here for really no other reason than these two almost always play tough close ones and Indy still can't stop the run.  Taking the TD and runnin' with it.

CONSOLATION PICKS
Dallas @ Tampa Bay (+5.5) - Dallas almost always starts like gangbusters.  Like them to get out of the gate quick here.  Takin' the Cowgirls and givin' the 5 and change.
Denver @ Cincinnati (-5) - Dunno.  I gotta a problem with Cincy givin' anybody points; especially that many.  Even with Orton and all the drama, I'm takin' the Broncs.
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2009 at 11:30 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: