Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 03:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doc's post game thoughts  (Read 1160 times)
DocLogic77
N00b

Redneck-Esque

« on: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:56 »

1) Ben is still the man
2) Holmes has finally taken his rightful place as our #1 WR.
3) Wallace not only looks fast but made a clutch, heady play.  This kid could be special.  Ward owes him a steak.
4) Our running game is pathetic.
5) The Summers project might be a very short lived one.
6) The OL actually looked decent in pass protection.  They couldn't open a running lane if their lives depended on it.
7) Ariens play calling hasn't gotten any better.
Cool I was expecting a little more from the joystick.  Hope he's not all hype.
9) Our D really misses Troy when he's gone.
10) We are again the team to beat.   headbang
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2009 at 23:00 by DocLogic77 » Logged

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public, with the public's money - Alexis De Tocqueville
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 23:00 »

1) Ben is still the man
3) Wallace not only looks fast but made a clutch, heady play.  This kid could be special.
6) The OL actually looked decent in pass protection.  They couldn't open a running lane if their lives depended on it.
Cool I was expecting a little more from the joystick.  Hope he's not all hype.
10) We are again the team to beat.

Ben is definitely the man.  Jeff Reed might be the second man.
Danny is the best punter we could hope for.  I love that kid.

I almost puked when Troy left.  I'm not sure I can bear it if this injury is serious.  I may need medication.

But thank God/Buddha/Mohammed/Yahweh/Isis/Zeus, it was a win.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
DocLogic77
N00b

Redneck-Esque

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 23:13 »

1) Ben is still the man
3) Wallace not only looks fast but made a clutch, heady play.  This kid could be special.
6) The OL actually looked decent in pass protection.  They couldn't open a running lane if their lives depended on it.
Cool I was expecting a little more from the joystick.  Hope he's not all hype.
10) We are again the team to beat.

Ben is definitely the man.  Jeff Reed might be the second man.
Danny is the best punter we could hope for.  I love that kid.

I almost puked when Troy left.  I'm not sure I can bear it if this injury is serious.  I may need medication.

But thank God/Buddha/Mohammed/Yahweh/Isis/Zeus, it was a win.

Good point...should have added that.  Having Dan back is huge!

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public, with the public's money - Alexis De Tocqueville
kchopsteel

« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 07:42 »

I would say it wasn't only the O-line's fault in the running game. I saw a few times where Willie just cut the wrong way or just missed the opening. The Titan's also have a really good front 7 which also was a contributing factor. The O-line also played great in the 4th quarter, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why they can't do that all game. They seem to gel late in games all of the time.

Yeah and Ben is unbelievable and will soon start to be mentioned with Manning and Brady as the best QB in the NFL.

I am the Padiddle champion
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 07:51 »

I would say it wasn't only the O-line's fault in the running game. I saw a few times where Willie just cut the wrong way or just missed the opening. The Titan's also have a really good front 7 which also was a contributing factor. The O-line also played great in the 4th quarter, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why they can't do that all game. They seem to gel late in games all of the time.

Yeah and Ben is unbelievable and will soon start to be mentioned with Manning and Brady as the best QB in the NFL.

I saw the same plays you did and there were definite times where Parker should have either cut back, or cut to the outside but instead ran straight ahead, but for the most part, our OL is horrible against the run. They played great in the 4th Quarter because we pretty much totally abandoned the running game. That worked this time, but I wonder if it will continue to work once teams know that they don't have to defend the run at all.

And about Ben, I'll believe it when I see it, because he still had more INTs than TDs. People are even saying that Rivers and Brees are better. It's a stat driven league, and most "experts" won't bother to look past them to what actually happens on the field when determining who are the great QBs.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 08:00 »

Horseface Shannon Sharpe said today on Sirius NFL Radio that if he were building a franchise today, and needed a QB, his first choice would be Ben. I have been saying that for 5 years, nice to see some national recognition for something we already knew.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
kchopsteel

« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 08:01 »

I saw the same plays you did and there were definite times where Parker should have either cut back, or cut to the outside but instead ran straight ahead, but for the most part, our OL is horrible against the run. They played great in the 4th Quarter because we pretty much totally abandoned the running game. That worked this time, but I wonder if it will continue to work once teams know that they don't have to defend the run at all.

And about Ben, I'll believe it when I see it, because he still had more INTs than TDs. People are even saying that Rivers and Brees are better. It's a stat driven league, and most "experts" won't bother to look past them to what actually happens on the field when determining who are the great QBs.

I'll give Ben a pass on the 2nd interception, the first one was just horrible. The no-huddle offense seems to be used with the utmost precision and I don't know why they don't use it more. That may be a way to get the run game on track, wearing down the other defense and using the pass to set up the run. IIRC, the early '90's Bills used the no-huddle to great success and I think we could too.

I am the Padiddle champion
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 08:05 »

I'll give Ben a pass on the 2nd interception, the first one was just horrible. The no-huddle offense seems to be used with the utmost precision and I don't know why they don't use it more. That may be a way to get the run game on track, wearing down the other defense and using the pass to set up the run. IIRC, the early '90's Bills used the no-huddle to great success and I think we could too.

Ignoring the hail mary pick, Ben threw just one tonight, which I think is pretty good. Any QB attempting 48 passes (I'm counting sacks as attempts here) in one game is going to throw at least one.That he threw ONLY one against a team that didn't need to respect our running game is actually pretty awesome, I think.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 08:12 »

Ignoring the hail mary pick, Ben threw just one tonight, which I think is pretty good. Any QB attempting 48 passes (I'm counting sacks as attempts here) in one game is going to throw at least one.That he threw ONLY one against a team that didn't need to respect our running game is actually pretty awesome, I think.

I agree. And that second pick. Shit, he threw that ball a LOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGG way. What an arm!

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
TwistedLemon

« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:17 »

In regards to the running game (or lack there of), cant help but wonder how many of those 3rd / 4th and shorts Mr. Redmond would have picked up..............

I know keeping him on was next to impossible due to RB numbers but still cant help help but wonder...........

"My reality check bounced"
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: