Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 01:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009-2010 Season  (Read 4046 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 12:22 »

Goaltender Brent Johnson will make his first start for the Penguins tonight when they play Phoenix at Mellon Arena.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09280/1003652-100.stm#ixzz0TGuGjaUh
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 22:40 »

Another ugly one tonight.  It was just a slow, boring, sloppy hockey game tonight.  We played the same way tonight that we did in the first two periods of our last game.  I heard fans around me tonight complaining about the officials, but the calls against us were well deserved.  We played sloppy hockey.  We were getting beat to the puck and we were simply getting outplayed.  That type of play leads to penalties.  It's a very simple concept.

Fwiw, I still feel this offense needs more offensive punch on our top two lines.  That was my opinion before this season started and it remains a concern of mine and I don't care how early in the season it happens to be.  Some are content with a scoring machine like Pascal Dupuis on our second line.  Some are chomping at the bit for the return of Max Talbot on the second line.  I'm anxious for his return, but some act like he is Malkin's savior on the RW.  Some want a inexperienced WBS prospect to start off his NHL career on a second line in the NHL, I am not comfortable with that either.

Eitherway, I feel we need more firepower on those first two lines.

The Penguins have signed first-round draft pick Simon Depres to a three-year, entry-level contract. An 18-year-old defenseman, Depres will continue to play with the Saint John Sea Dogs of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. The Penguins were pleased with his performance during training camp, but Depres is considered around three years away from joining the Penguins.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_646984.html#

« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2009 at 23:30 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 07:37 »

Another ugly one tonight

clearly suffered from flyerjagoffitis last night.  you will see a little more jump in their steps tonight.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 11:58 »

Another ugly one tonight

clearly suffered from flyerjagoffitis last night.  you will see a little more jump in their steps tonight.

:lol:

Yeah, thankfully we tend to start off slow and get hot later.  The same can't be said of the Flyers, it's the total opposite for them.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 20:52 »

holy crap, the flyers have really turned the corner.  they FINALLY have that solid netminder they have been missing and that huge defenseman that will keep offensive teams in check.  :rolleyes:

I would classify this win as a minor modern day miracle.  i mean Timonen played tonight.  how they were able to solve that offensive/defensive genious is beyond me.

I do believe that clown boy Hartnell most likely bit Letang.  wtf?

anyway, different year, same crappy undisciplined flyers team.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 21:47 »

While I've always disliked Hartnell, he was the type of guy that I always wanted on our team.  Gritty, physical two-way player who can score you some goals.  After tonight though, he just proved to the league that he's nothing but a cheap bum.  There is no doubt in my mind that he bit Letang in that scuffle.  There was not another skater around them when they were rolling around on the ice, so a skate cut is not possible.  So what else could have caused the cut and that type of post-game response from Letang? Typical Philly trash.

The Flyers can continue putting pucks in their own net, banking on a defenseman who's best years are behind him and a goaltender who is actually a step down from Marty Biron.  I won't be surprised to see them get hot from time to time, but in typical Philly trash fashion they will fall apart come crunch time.  Fortunately for the Penguins, morons like Clarke, Holmgren and Stevens fail to realize that you can't win a cup without good goaltending.

Fwiw...

PHILADELPHIA -- The Penguins are accusing Philadelphia winger Scott Hartnell of biting Penguins defenseman Kris Letang on the right ring finger during a scrum with less than two seconds left in the Penguins' 5-4 victory at the Wachovia Center tonight.

Letang, whose finger was heavily bandaged, said simply, "I think he knows what he did," but, in keeping with the company line, did not overtly charge Hartnell with biting him.

Hartnell told reporters he did not bite Letang, but added that "a lot of stuff happens on the bottom of the pile. He had his hands in my face doing the face wash and we're rolling around. I can't say what happened."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09281/1004176-100.stm#ixzz0TP4NH6Mr

« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 at 22:01 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 06:15 »

Hartnell's full response...

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/2009/10/09/pens-flyers-postgame-letang-audi...

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 15:29 »

Due to a lack of evidence, Philadelphia Flyers winger Scott Hartnell will not face any supplementary discipline for an alleged biting incident in Thursday's game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=294310

Yeah, I don't want to hear those classless bums over in Philly complain about league conspiracies ever again.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 18:32 »

Hartnell is King Douche

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 23:53 »

Time to see what Skoula can do...

Teammates were told Gonchar has a broken bone near his hand or wrist, and he will be re-evaluated today to find its precise location. He is expected to miss at least a month.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...s_649048.html#
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: