Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 27, 2014 at 18:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BUF @ NE  (Read 1075 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Sep 14, 2009 at 20:46 »

Holy Crap!  The  Bills just scored to extend their lead to 24-13 and there's only about 5 min left in the game.  Gotta check the box on this, haven't seen any so far.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2009 at 20:58 »

And as usual, the Bills are going to blow it.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2009 at 21:01 »

I can't effing believe that idiot.  Fumbled KO return, NE ball on the Bills 31.

Oh how I hate the Pastries.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2009 at 21:03 »

What was that, two plays and a TD? 

cussing

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2009 at 21:08 »

The Pats failed on both 2pt convos so the Bills till only trail by 24-25.  Talk about finding a way to lose, guess that's why they're the Bills.  It's probably the whole TO vibe on the sideline, he probably didn't have enough catches in what looked like a 24-13 victory.

Actually, it was the prevent defense which let the Pats march down the field and score prior to the 2 min warning.  And the unexplainable/inexcusable KO return (should have taken a knee in the ez) and subsequent fumble.

Still, there's 00:50 to go and the Bills only need a FG to win.  Please, Football Jebus, let this happen.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2009 at 22:06 »

Watched the last 10 minutes or so.  redit where credit is due, Pats were dead in the water and found a way to win.  However, on that first TD drive, I've never seen such generous spotting of the ball by the refs.  Getting an extra yard on every play.  Turned a 3rd and long 1/short 2 into a 1st down with no measurement needed.

As for the KO return, the only reason I'd be OK with bringing it out is to try to get below the 2 min warning.  However, fumbling is inexcuseable. 

Over/under on TO blowup - 3 weeks.

BTW, if the Raiders could hold onto the ball they'd be kicking the Chargers' ass.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 15, 2009 at 18:43 »

However, on that first TD drive, I've never seen such generous spotting of the ball by the refs.  Getting an extra yard on every play.  Turned a 3rd and long 1/short 2 into a 1st down with no measurement needed.

IIRC, there was a play where Brady scrambled and slid feet first.  You could see where the slide begins on the turf, but they just kinda ignore it and give him an extra yard and change.  Might'a been the same play you're describing.  Not sure.  Ree-DICK.

If Dick Jauron wasn't a walking corpse on the sideline maybe he woulda noticed the red thingy in his pocket and thought, "I think I'm supposed to throw this, but whennnnnnnnnnn..."

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Sep 15, 2009 at 19:00 »

Yeah, that was def the case w/ the Beardy slide.  He basically got the spot where he stopped sliding - that was a good 2 yard gain.  And there was a sequence, possibly the same, where there should have been a 3rd and 2 or so and they gave a 1st down!? 

WTFF

Honestly, when I started this thread  the comeback thought passed through my mind but then I decided it was just paranoia or something - that's not the word I'm looking for but you know.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2009 at 20:41 »

And there was a sequence, possibly the same, where there should have been a 3rd and 2 or so and they gave a 1st down!?

I think that was the pass to Welker right before the first TD.  Clearly was at least a yard short, but they gave him the spot.  I didn't think he had even rolled far enough to get the first, much less when he initially hit the ground.

And it wasn't even like they thought about a measurement.  Dudes ran the clock, Brady got his play off before Jauron could even consider challenging.  Of course, as mentioned, he probably had no idea what the red thingy was.

"Wow, this handkerchief is awfully red.  I must have had one heck of a nosebleed without even noticing."
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2009 at 21:03 »

Ya know, it was 17-13 (saw the score online) and figured the Pats would win. Decided to watch a little online and I tuned in at the same time the Bills went up 24-13. Holy fuck! Ran downstairs and fired up the 57" HD. Just made me sick.

I just assumed the Bills would go 3 and out and try and eat clock, but at least it would have been interesting watching Brady need to go for the TD with no TOs.

Nice unis though...for both squads.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: