Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 11:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweed Hurt; Timmons reinjures ankle  (Read 4880 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Sep 16, 2009 at 16:08 »

Linebacker Lawrence Timmons returned to practice today for the first time in more than three weeks, then eased off after his left ankle was injured again.

Wide receiver Limas Sweed also left practice with a mid-foot sprain. Their availability for Sunday's game is in question.

Timmons has a high left ankle sprain that was injured in the second preseason game Aug. 22 at Washington. He pulled on his uniform and pads today and joined his teammates for a regular practice, but "tweaked" the left ankle during the afternoon drill.

Sweed and Timmons were listed as having limited participation on the Steelers' official injury report.

Tyrone Carter, who will start for injured strong safety Troy Polamalu, was excused from yesterday's practice for personal reasons. He should rejoin the team Thursday and his status for Sunday's game is not affected.

Veterans Aaron Smith and Hines Ward were held out of practice as normal procedure on Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09259/998584-66.stm#ixzz0RJ2G8gTb
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2009 at 19:30 »

I think Timmons needs a good 2-3 weeks off of that ankle so he doesn't continue to tweak it every time he practices. 

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 11:03 »

I think Timmons needs a good 2-3 weeks off of that ankle so he doesn't continue to tweak it every time he practices. 

Same here.  Hold him out until the Chargers game.  Fox held his own and then some against the Titans and I would rather see more of Wallace over Sweed at this point anyways.  Wallace was impressive last week.  Get Timmons and Polamalu rested up and healthy on defense, I think our boys can hold down the fort until they return.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 12:14 »

Agreed that Sweed is the less-important loss.  I have no problem with Wallace being our #3--he looked like a veteran last week.

The dreaded high-ankle sprain never gets better with anything other than time.  Keep it on ice and keep him in the training room because we're going to need his help down the road. 

Also agree on Fox--he looks more than adequate as a backup, and the Titans scared me a lot more than the Bears do.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 12:26 »

I wouldn't undersell Sweed.  Wallace looked very good, but having a guy with Sweed's size out there to push the mismatches with the secondary could be a real boon. 

Why BA didn't go to Sweed... sometimes I think he's being canny, even hiding guys who might be key players late in the season.  Then I remember, it's BA.  He can only fit about 14 plays on his cheat sheet. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 13:50 »

Agreed that Sweed is the less-important loss.  I have no problem with Wallace being our #3--he looked like a veteran last week.

If Sweed can't stay healthy and continues to look like he took consistency tips from Nate Washington and if Wallace continues to play the way he did last week, Wallace will take that third spot.  What did Roethlisberger have last week?  Around 360 or so yards without Sweed?  I'll take it. 

I'm anxious to see more of Wallace this Sunday. headbang
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 14:41 »

Why BA didn't go to Sweed... sometimes I think he's being canny, even hiding guys who might be key players late in the season.  Then I remember, it's BA.  He can only fit about 14 plays on his cheat sheet.

And that cheat sheet only has room for about 12 players.  Guess that's why we didn't add any oline talent this offseason.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 14:56 »

If Sweed can't stay healthy and continues to look like he took consistency tips from Nate Washington and if Wallace continues to play the way he did last week, Wallace will take that third spot.  What did Roethlisberger have last week?  Around 360 or so yards without Sweed?  I'll take it. 

I'm anxious to see more of Wallace this Sunday. headbang

Yardage doesn't win games, though.

One TD... granted, a tough Titans D, but...

Get points any way you can.  Keep as many playmakers active, exploiting the best matchups.  I have to see more Sweed '09 before I brand him hopelessly inconsistent.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 16:21 »

sweed's been my go to guy on third down in '10 Madden.  hopefully the game can predict more than Troy's injury...

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 17:01 »

sweed's been my go to guy on third down in '10 Madden.  hopefully the game can predict more than Troy's injury...

Same here.  Although if Wallace continues to show up, I might have to boost up his rating.  Wink  

Outside of Madden, I hope Sweed comes back soon.  By no means am I writing him off, but I have seen glimpses of Nate Washington.  Until Sweed comes back, I'm more than comfortable with Wallace getting the job done.  I'm not exactly in Jerome Bettis-mode over Sweed being out.  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: