Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 07:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweed Hurt; Timmons reinjures ankle  (Read 5090 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 20:18 »

Why BA didn't go to Sweed... sometimes I think he's being canny, even hiding guys who might be key players late in the season.  Then I remember, it's BA.  He can only fit about 14 plays on his cheat sheet.

And that cheat sheet only has room for about 12 players.  Guess that's why we didn't add any oline talent this offseason.

Cheat sheet?  You mean his flash card flip book?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 18, 2009 at 00:08 »

Lawrence Timmons went through a full practice yesterday, even though he "tweaked" his sprained left ankle in practice Wednesday. It remains unknown whether he will play and how much if he does.

Limas Sweed did not practice at all yesterday, and it's likely he will not play. He left practice Wednesday with a mid-foot sprain. Veteran receiver Shaun McDonald should dress in his place Sunday against the Bears.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09261/998914-66.stm#ixzz0RQpKdtT2
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 18, 2009 at 06:49 »

Why BA didn't go to Sweed... sometimes I think he's being canny, even hiding guys who might be key players late in the season.  Then I remember, it's BA.  He can only fit about 14 plays on his cheat sheet.

And that cheat sheet only has room for about 12 players.  Guess that's why we didn't add any oline talent this offseason.

Book?

It's a fucking takeout menu from Tony's Pizzeria with pepperoni stains and a bit of chuckup on it.  Plays scrawled into the margins.  Notes on takeout orders for later written over that.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 18, 2009 at 07:04 »

Book?

It's a fucking takeout menu from Tony's Pizzeria with pepperoni stains and a bit of chuckup on it.  Plays scrawled into the margins.  Notes on takeout orders for later written over that.

Menu my ass.  He's got a Primanti's and a Luciano's stromboli stuffed in that thing.  You have to put something in your oversized notebook to compensate when you're small in other areas.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Sep 18, 2009 at 11:07 »

Steelers inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons, who missed the season opener against the Tennessee Titans with an ankle injury, said he will "definitely be playing" against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.

Timmons, the Steelers' first-round pick in 2007, announced his availability today on Twitter and in his blog.

"I didn't get to play in last week's game against the Titans because of my ankle injury but the rehab is going great and the ankle feels real good right now. I will definitely be playing in this week's game against the Bears in Chicago," Timmons wrote on the blog. "I practiced this week on Wednesday and Thursday and the ankle feels just fine. I'm taking it one day at a time and will be back to 100 (percent) real soon. Right now it is feeling really good and I'll be ready for the Bears this Sunday at Soldier Field."

Keyaron Fox started for Timmons in the 13-10 overtime victory over the Titans.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_643814.html
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Sep 18, 2009 at 11:17 »

I like Fox, but am excited to see Timmons and that speed, especially matched on a guy like Olsen.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Sep 18, 2009 at 13:46 »

Wide receiver Limas Sweed did not practice for the second day in a row and will not play Sunday against the Chicago Bears in Soldier Field.

Veteran Shaun McDonald, who did not dress for the season-opening victory against Tennessee, will serve as the No. 4 receiver. McDonald, though, will play in some of the packages as the No. 3 receiver -- a role in Sweed has been rotating with rookie Mike Wallace.

Also, ILB Lawrence Timmons practiced for the third day in a row and the possibility of him starting against the Bears has not been ruled out. Either way, Timmons will play against the Bears, even if Keyaron Fox starts for the second game in a row.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09261/999001-66.stm
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Sep 18, 2009 at 22:57 »

Pretty surprising Timmons is planning to play this weekend.  I just hope he isn't bringing himself back too early.  Having his speed in the game will help to offset the loss of Troy (at least a little bit).

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Sep 19, 2009 at 09:06 »

Pretty surprising Timmons is planning to play this weekend.  I just hope he isn't bringing himself back too early.

That's what has me worried.  I would like to see Timmons back just as much as the next guy, but not at the expense of him reinjuring himself (again).  It's not like we don't have a backup who's capable of playing a few games.  I would rather be healthy in the long run rather than rush Timmons back for a week two ball game.  It's sounding as if the coaching/training staff feel he's healthy enough to go.  I hope they are correct.
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2009 at 09:09 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Sep 19, 2009 at 17:30 »

Don't want to see Timmons turn into Kendrell Bell Jr.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: