Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 01:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anderson & Dawson nominated for HOF  (Read 485 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Sep 19, 2009 at 13:29 »

Former Steelers kicker Gary Anderson, eligible for the first time, joins former teammate Dermontti Dawson, a finalist last year, on the list of 131 men nominated for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, announced today.

A large contingent of former Steelers are among the group: Linebackers Kevin Greene and Hardy Nickerson, safeties Donnie Shell and Carnell Lake, coach Buddy Parker and player personnel head Art Rooney Jr., a part-owner of the team as well.

Also nominated are former Pitt players Russ Grimm, also a former Steelers coach who was a finalist last year, and defensive linemen Chris Doleman and Rickey Jacxkson. Darryl Talley of West Virginia joins them, as does former San Francisco 49ers owner Ed DeBartolo Jr., who also owned the Penguins and is from Boardman, Ohio.

The list of 131 will be reduced to 25 semifinalists and then 15 finalists, who will join the two seniors nominees, Dick LeBeau and Floyd Little, for the final vote to be taken on Feb. 6 for the 2010 Hall of Fame class.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09262/999335-66.stm#ixzz0RZvGhJTG
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2009 at 15:13 »

Really would love to see Dirt make it, but LeBeau HAS to get in.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 13:50 »

Really would love to see Dirt make it, but LeBeau HAS to get in.
Agreed.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 19:47 »

Sadly, I think Dawson will never get in. I think he'll get close, but he'll have trouble. The next few Hall classes are stacked, with so many automatic ins -- Emmit, Rice, Deion Sanders (overrated a-hole but he'll get in) -- and Kordell Stewart, of course.

Then I think Dawson will get hit with a bit of anti-Steeler bias, which I can kind of understand (the "there are too many Steelers in the Hall as it is" etc.)

I don't think Gary Anderson ever gets in, either, though I think he deserves to, along with Morten Andersen. The thing is, very few kickers are going to be allowed into the Hall, and I think Morten is regarded as having had the better career. Which I think is ridiculous, with Gary kicking outdoors and Morten in the Dome, but whatever, they're both great kickers. Besides the above, douchebag Vinatieri may get in before either one of them, because he's allegedly the "greatest big-game clutch kicker in history."

LeBeau will get in, thoug, as the old timey candidate, so that will make it a good enough Hall year for us.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2009 at 22:40 »

Sadly, I think Dawson will never get in. I think he'll get close, but he'll have trouble. The next few Hall classes are stacked, with so many automatic ins -- Emmit, Rice, Deion Sanders (overrated a-hole but he'll get in) -- and Kordell Stewart, of course.

Shut your mouth!
Dirt will get in, if I have to sleep with all voters, including Peter King!!  icon_puke_r

Emmitt, Jerry & Deion deserve to get in, but so does Dirt.

Maybe wishful thinking, but I'm going with it until he's not eligible anymore.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: