Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 25, 2014 at 23:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We are going nowhere (if we keep playing this way)  (Read 3539 times)
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« on: Sep 20, 2009 at 18:12 »

too much reliance on Ben to do everything...the D has been rather pedestrian both games plus I no longer trust Jeff ever either...as usual, they let bad teams hang around and then bad things can happen.

If Ben does not pull drives and miracles out of his ass (and even when he does like today), it's jsut not good enough....is he supposed to kick the damn field goal too??

I almost went to this game too, thank god i didn't...WEAK.

« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2009 at 19:46 by ben2hines4six » Logged
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 18:43 »

Shut the fuck up.  It's game fucking TWO, asshat.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
RoundTripperKipper
N00b

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 18:46 »

i agree with finny. way to early to call it a season. besides, this came should have been won easily by the steelers, but they didn't. that is how it goes sometimes. also, the blocking was much better this game. santonio needs to learn how to catch a wet football. he dropped 4 easy passes today. 3 first downs and a td.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 18:47 »

They ain't going 16-0 and I'd rather lose to an NFC team.

Would you rather be a 2-0 Broncos fan right now?
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 18:51 »

Troy Polamalu is sorely missed. W/o him, the D operates at a B or B- (maybe even C) level, IMO. I know they didn't give up many points, but the lack of pressure and takeaways is disconcerting (particularly against such a mild offense such as that of the Bears).

The offense, particularly inside of Chicago's 30, looked like total crap for most of the last 3.5 quarters. Also, I think you mentioned this in your other thread, but WTF did they not try to pick up the first down (on third and two) instead of going for it all?

What a frustrating game. At the outset, I thought "I hope Chicago keeps it somewhat close so that the game isn't completely boring." Little did I know the Steelers would give such a blah performance for so much of the game. I'm so annoyed...and my mood is being exacerbated by the Gavens win.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 19:03 »

Bright side: at least this way, the Steelers won't go into Cinci as a trap game and lose a divisional. 

Mendy and Parker had some moments. 

Bad playcalling, as per.  Bad, bad Skippy (don't cry, you twaddle).  Ben and Tone outta synch.  Weather was nasty.  **** LeBeau coulda prolly played safety with more foot speed and fucking acuity than Carter. 

Bad karma at the bar we went to, too.  Just not meant to be.

Meh.  Better to take licks early, out of division.

Who.  Gives.  A fuck.

ben2hines4six

« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 19:08 »

First of all, I am aware that this is game two. This D is not the same though...I realize Troy is out (huge loss), but two 80 plus drives against the Bears? Really???

Throw out all the name-calling you'd like, but the facts are as follows. Steelers move the ball at will, but have trouble scoring (no short yardage game to speak of, and a kicker who took a huge confidence hit). Translation: yards are not = points. The D is rather pedestrian looking without Troy's presence. Every game is tight ALL THE TIME. You cannot consistently win like that, the law of averages shows that quite clearly. You let teams hang around, bad things happen.

Of course I'd rather lose to an NFC team then AFC, but how about not losing at all to an inferior opponent? We should strive to win games we should win, not rationalize/justify the loss. There are plenty of much tougher games out there in which you can "justify a loss."

Joeterous, agreed. So much dumb shit happened on that drive. Wallace does not fight for the first and goes out of bounds, Tone drops an easy TD, Ben throws deep on a 3rd and 2, and lastly, Tomlin elects to kick it? Did anyone in their right mind think that had a chance to go through? I knew it was a miss before he even lined it up. Brutal.

I'm not "caling it a season" per say, but until they learn to put away the odd inferior team, teams will hang with them....then the game comes down to a break (or choke) or two. Thankfully we usually end up on the right side of those thanks to Ben, but like I said, he can't kick the fg for them as well.

I obviously think they make the playoffs, and then anything can happen. But they cannot expect to win everytime in dramatic fashion by Ben being Ben, EVERY TIME. Once in a while, a kneel down at the end of the game would be nice as opposed to a gut wrenching two minute drive.

Just my two cents.

PS Of course I would not rather be a 2-0 Bronco fan...good point, Merman. =)
PS 2 GET WELL TROY, WE NEED YOU BUDDY!!!
ben2hines4six

« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 19:12 »

Better title for the thread, Finny?
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 19:13 »

I refuse to shit my pants just yet.

The defense is allowing too many conversions and too much on passing.  Agreed.  There are some issues with Troy out.  Let's see how this team looks when he gets back.

Until then, the Chicken Lil Act is annoying.  All POVs welcome & all, but still.  Fer Chrissakes.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 19:14 »

Better title for the thread, Finny?

Better, but still annoyingly alarmist.

Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: