Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 26, 2014 at 06:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We are going nowhere (if we keep playing this way)  (Read 3101 times)
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 20:05 »

You guys are such a bunch of babies. Every year we drop a close game and the whiny bastards come in droves to tell me what I'm missing and why the Steelers now suck.

Check with me in playoff time and we'll see if we can re-assign you some credibility

santonio needs to learn how to catch a wet football. he dropped 4 easy passes today. 3 first downs and a td.

Amen to that. I think you're counting for it but he also had what looked like plenty of room on a slant where he spilled and fell and the ball ended up just over his head. Still a great player but he seemed extraordinarily effected by a mild amount of rain. Just weird.

I'm so annoyed...and my mood is being exacerbated by the Gavens win.

I still have no fear of Baltimore. (Well the Ravens I mean, Baltimore is hell on earth.) Their offense doesn't scare me. That new kicker doesn't scare me. Their defense once did scare me but despite that 2-0 start I think everyone can agree that defense isn't a world beater (Rivers went for 500 yards? With half an OL and no LaDainian Tomlinson?) Their rah-rah coach doesn't scare me.  All the pregame dancing and between-the-whistle histrionics definitely do not scare me. As far as I can tell all that stuff is well and good and quite effective against the other 30 NFL teams but completely ineffective against the Steelers. The better team will win those games and until I see otherwise (3-0 vs Balt last year) that team is Pittsburgh.

Would you rather be a 2-0 Broncos fan right now?

I made the same point to my friend who is a huge Eagles fan earlier. Everyone is semi-suicidal and it's week fucking two. Lot of football left to be played Jets, Broncos, and Saints fans.

I almost went to this game too, thank god i didn't...WEAK.

Yeah that wouldve changed everything.

Also folks from above please note that I said talk to me again around playoff time. Not after our next loss in which you have had enough and "quit this team for good" etc
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2009 at 20:15 by Y2Joyce » Logged

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #21 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 20:29 »

You guys are such a bunch of babies. Every year we drop a close game and the whiny bastards come in droves to tell me what I'm missing and why the Steelers now suck.

Check with me in playoff time and we'll see if we can re-assign you some credibility

santonio needs to learn how to catch a wet football. he dropped 4 easy passes today. 3 first downs and a td.

Amen to that. I think you're counting for it but he also had what looked like plenty of room on a slant where he spilled and fell and the ball ended up just over his head. Still a great player but he seemed extraordinarily effected by a mild amount of rain. Just weird.

I'm so annoyed...and my mood is being exacerbated by the Gavens win.

I still have no fear of Baltimore. (Well the Ravens I mean, Baltimore is hell on earth.) Their offense doesn't scare me. That new kicker doesn't scare me. Their defense once did scare me but despite that 2-0 start I think everyone can agree that defense isn't a world beater (Rivers went for 500 yards? With half an OL and no LaDainian Tomlinson?) Their rah-rah coach doesn't scare me.  All the pregame dancing and between-the-whistle histrionics definitely do not scare me. As far as I can tell all that stuff is well and good and quite effective against the other 30 NFL teams but completely ineffective against the Steelers. The better team will win those games and until I see otherwise (3-0 vs Balt last year) that team is Pittsburgh.

Would you rather be a 2-0 Broncos fan right now?

I made the same point to my friend who is a huge Eagles fan earlier. Everyone is semi-suicidal and it's week fucking two. Lot of football left to be played Jets, Broncos, and Saints fans.

I almost went to this game too, thank god i didn't...WEAK.

Yeah that wouldve changed everything.

Also folks from above please note that I said talk to me again around playoff time. Not after our next loss in which you have had enough and "quit this team for good" etc

I never said anything about not making the playoffs. And I certainly didn't say anything about giving up on this squad. Today's performance pretty much sucked a fat dick. That's all I'm pissed about.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 22:25 »

I'm certainly not overly concerned about the loss (as Finny mentioned, better to win a non-conference game than a divisional game), because I think the defense will be fine once Troy is in there instead of Carter.  I really don't understand why the no huddle offense wasn't used during this game though.  The drive it was used on in the Tennessee game (until it was scrapped when they got in the red zone) is by far the best this offense has looked in the two games.  I actually thought Arians called a decent game (relatively speaking, of course) but the Bears D was amped and the offense just didn't seem to be clicking.  Why not at least give the no huddle a try?

Besides the lack of the no-huddle and Reed's temporary hiccup (I have faith in him that this won't turn into a case of the yips for him) I'm not too terribly worried about this game.  Let's face it, this team was going to lose a few games.  I'd much rather that happen in September than in December. 

Every little thing is gonna be alright.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 22:40 »

Yeah, we dropped a winnable game.  Every team will at some point.  Look at all the crap that had to happen for us to lose:

No Troy
Santonio can't catch a cold
Reed missing 2 makeables in a row
Defense gives up a 97 yard drive
We force zero turnovers (I think that's right - didn't check but don't remember any)

Any one of those is unusual, all five is downright bizzare.  And yet despite all that, we lose on a last second FG on the road against a solid team.

Positive note - running game was somewhat better - at least Mendenhall got to run in daylight a couple times.  Maybe that helps him get kickstarted.

As far as other contenders go, I think NE is in worse shape.  O not coming around yet, and they're lucky to be 1-1.  Should be 0-2, and 0-2 in their division.  They're certainly capable of turning it around, but they've got a good bit of work to do.  SD?  Meh.  Balty looks better, we'll have to watch out.  AFC South will be interesting to watch, but Tenn is 0-2.
The Emperor

« Reply #24 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 22:52 »

Just got home from the game.  I watched Reed miss a lot in warm ups and thought man I home it does not come down to him today.  No real wind on both of the kicks he missed.  Some droped balls and a poor outing by most of the team.  We are now 3-5 when I go to games.  Maybe I need to think like Finny and stay home as I am bad luck.  I think we will be ok the rest of the year as I will not be going to any more games.  Hell we are now 1-12 at Soldier Field.  We just can't win there.  Rememeber; the Bears still SUCK!

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #25 on: Sep 21, 2009 at 08:42 »

SO, I am hearing from all the the B-more "fans" that I am surrounded by so if anyone has an opportunity to be doom and gloom it would be me and yesterday, I was.  Now having had a chance to pull back and think about it, isn't this were this team was after week two last season.  A bad loss to an NFC opponent and people wondering whether we should just tank the season and draft OL in the top ten AND Balty also starting 2-0 (although with the Texans game not happening last year it took an extra week for them to get there.)   

I am not saying that they will turn it around like last year but it does certainly make a "trap" less likely against Cincy. 

I just need to get through the next couple of weeks hearing about the 2nd place Steelers and hopefully that will turn around.

PUMA
Manimal

« Reply #26 on: Sep 21, 2009 at 08:57 »

Allow me to trash talk the Ravens for a moment.

They are PRETENDERS the media loves for some reason.

Ravens are 3-4 in the playoffs since winning the Super Bowl, with their wins coming against teams quarterbacked by playoff legends Jay Fiedler, Kerry Collins, and Chad Pennington. Nice track record. Decent franchise, but nothing special. they are not in the class of the Patriots/Colts/Eagles/Steelers this decade.

The Ravens are the Champions of September every other year or so. Because Ray Lewis does a dance and almost killed a guy, he's a big media face. I'll take Farrior over him, any day. Notice how, very quietly, their pass defense is terrible?

« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2009 at 09:03 by Manimal » Logged
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Sep 21, 2009 at 08:59 »

Ravens gave up 24 to the Chiefs.

Raiders held the Chiefs to 10.

Dunno, just sayin...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Joetorious

« Reply #28 on: Sep 21, 2009 at 09:11 »

Yeah, we dropped a winnable game.  Every team will at some point.  Look at all the crap that had to happen for us to lose:

No Troy
Santonio can't catch a cold
Reed missing 2 makeables in a row
Defense gives up a 97 yard drive
We force zero turnovers (I think that's right - didn't check but don't remember any)

Any one of those is unusual, all five is downright bizzare.  And yet despite all that, we lose on a last second FG on the road against a solid team.

Good call. Still don't like to drop a game that should have been a W, but when you look at it like that, it doesn't sting quite as badly. That said, the Steelers should be 2-0.

I'm just amazed that it seems that the D cannot impose its will against meager competition w/o Polamalu. I knew he was a stud, but never really valued him as such a difference maker.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Sep 21, 2009 at 09:49 »

We were not going 16-0 and losing on the road to an decent NFC team??  Just watch them turn the bungles into whipping boys for 60 minutes next week.

Hurry back Troy, your replacement has the reaction time of a sober Dr. Johnny Fever.  Found the pre-game debate between who would be a bigger loss between Urlacher and Troy quite hysterical.  im not certain, but im sure most teams dont game plan around an aged LB on the downside of his career.

was pissed Reed missed two gimmies, but absolutely hated the camera shots of him on the sidelines even more.  fuck you CBS!

thought the OL played a decent game throughout.  didnt care for the play selection on some occasions, especially when parker had 2 big runs back to back.  would of liked some PA pass mixed in there, but thats bruce for ya.

Get the hiccups out of the way and bring on the bungles

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: