Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 13:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waterin' Down the Dry Counties!  (Read 892 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Sep 28, 2009 at 13:24 »

Apparently, tax revenue is enough reason for people to abandon the alcohol piety:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32956678/ns/us_news-life

I find several things amusing when it comes to this article.

1.  <

Since my adventures with the bro-in-law are well-documented on this board, I am sympathetic to this pastor's concerns.  But, if you are already dealing with alcoholics on a regular basis, doesn't it tell you that you're not STOPPING the flow with prohibition?  After all, you are in Kentucky.  I'm guessing there are still a few illegal liquor operations floating around the state.

Okay, kudos to you for fighting for the morals and values of your community.  But are there not bigger fights out there?  Do you really believe that you can legislate those "things" out of your community?

My dad pastored for three years in a supposedly "dry" county.  The main purpose of the "dry" was to make sure that the moonshiners--including most of the sherriff's family--could keep things running.  Try as you might, you are not going to keep people from drinking.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2009 at 12:35 »

Apparently, tax revenue is enough reason for people to abandon the alcohol piety:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32956678/ns/us_news-life

I find several things amusing when it comes to this article.

1.  <

Since my adventures with the bro-in-law are well-documented on this board, I am sympathetic to this pastor's concerns.  But, if you are already dealing with alcoholics on a regular basis, doesn't it tell you that you're not STOPPING the flow with prohibition?  After all, you are in Kentucky.  I'm guessing there are still a few illegal liquor operations floating around the state.

What???  Moonshine in Kentucky?  The Devil you say!!

Okay, kudos to you for fighting for the morals and values of your community.  But are there not bigger fights out there?  Do you really believe that you can legislate those "things" out of your community?

My dad pastored for three years in a supposedly "dry" county.  The main purpose of the "dry" was to make sure that the moonshiners--including most of the sherriff's family--could keep things running.  Try as you might, you are not going to keep people from drinking.

And heaven forbid one of your citizens ever learns the magic of home-brew kits....
 :rolleyes:

I'm still the one with the boobs.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2009 at 13:52 »

I don't care
What the people are thinkin'
I ain't drunk
I'm just drinkin'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print