Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 20, 2014 at 23:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a theory...  (Read 380 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« on: Sep 29, 2009 at 08:39 »

I was in the car thinking about the Steelers' situation. I couldn't figure how the defense could have become less dominant, but our shitty O-line could become improved.

Then, I figured it out.  The reason that our O-line seems imprroved is the same reason that James and Co. have many less sacks. I'm thinking that the officiating is the reason.

I know most of you are probably like me, and are much more cognizant of holding when perpetrated against the Steelers,
vs. when our offense is committing the foul.  I remember screaming a bazillion times that Harrison had been clotheslined.
Then I thought back to a couple of those plays on offense Sunday, where Ben seemed to have an hour to throw.  Any doubt that the O-line was pulling the same stuff on A. Odom?

So..maybe the defense hasn't gotten that bad.  And maybe the offensive line is still completely crappy.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2009 at 10:16 »

Far be it from me to defend NFL officials--especially after watching the Patriots/Falcons on Sunday--but I think you're reaching on this one.

Harrison got held some on Sunday, but the guy basically just did a great job.  We did not do a great job of sending guys through some open gaps on the inside of him, so that's our fault.  And how could we complain about the defense through the first 50 minutes?  We didn't get the sacks and turnovers we wanted, but the point is to stop the other team.  We had that covered.

The offensive line is surely getting better.  Still wouldn't call them "good" at this point, but there is no question that they have made progress.  The issue is that they are probably as good as they're ever going to get.

In the last two games, we have just blown it.  Flat-out blown it, giving games away on a silver platter.  No excuse.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2009 at 22:21 »

In the last two games, we have just blown it.  Flat-out blown it, giving games away on a silver platter.  No excuse.

^^^This.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: