Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 13:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallace Rules  (Read 960 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Oct 06, 2009 at 09:35 »

Really, it happens to all teams. 

Last night watching the Vikes/Pack, there were 2 or 3 instances during the last two Pack drives where a Minnesota defensive player shot a gap.  In each instance, the defender was even with or even past the offensive lineman and you could clearly see an arm bar across his chest.  The refs never threw the laundry.  Granted, it was during the hurry-up/2:00 drill and action was happening fast and furious, but that's really no excuse.  In each instance, it should've been pretty clear and easy for the referee to see.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 06, 2009 at 10:15 »

It's clear to me that the league has de-emphasized this penalty to the point of ridiculousness.

You almost have to tackle a guy and then drag him around by his face mask to get called.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 15:12 »

The rookie drops an easy one and responds by catching one for 6.  Sweed on the opening drive...what else is new exacty? :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2009 at 15:16 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: