Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 21, 2014 at 07:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Braylon traded to Jets  (Read 878 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Oct 07, 2009 at 08:00 »

Per Adam Schefter of ESPN and Jay Glazer of FOX, the Browns get receiver Chansi Stuckey, linebacker Jason Trusnick, a 7th round pick in 2015, a 10th round pick in 2020 (assuming the draft may some day be re-expanded), 5 cans of Old Milwaukee (Rex drank the other 25 cans of a 30-pack for breakfast), a beta copy of Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS, a box of Mangini's unlaundered underwear that he left behind in the coach's office (48 waist), and Larry Johnson in Yahoo fantasy football.

« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2009 at 08:08 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 08:31 »

I think Joshua Cribbs must cry himself to sleep every night.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 09:01 »

I smell a Quinn-to-the-Panthers trade.  But since Quinn was a former first rounder, I suspect they hold out for a 6th rounder in 2018 and a two-pound bag of trail mix.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 09:11 »

I smell a Quinn-to-the-Panthers trade.  But since Quinn was a former first rounder, I suspect they hold out for a 6th rounder in 2018 and a two-pound bag of trail mix.

They've specified that the trail mix must contain those mini peanut butter cups.  They aren't rubes, ya know.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 09:14 »

And Schefter made a mistake earlier in his report.  The Browns don't get wideout Chansi Stuckey but instead have a chance to win free dining at Stuckey's for the rest of the season.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 09:25 »

I definitely think this vaults the Jets offense into the elite of the NFL.  Nothing helps a rookie QB develop like a sure-handed vet who's proved himself in the clutch.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 09:28 »

I definitely think this vaults the Jets offense into the elite of the NFL.  Nothing helps a rookie QB develop like a sure-handed vet who's proved himself in the clutch.

Now if the Jets could pry TO away from the Bills, the development of Sanchez would be guaranteed.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 10:04 »

Didn't the Browns give up an assload of draft picks to win it all last year?  (Freudian slip, I originally typed in "lost year.")  And now, they're sending off their alleged talent (Helen, Braying) for chump change.

It's hilarious that they could have probably gotten some trade value for Anderson before last year, or for Quinn before this year.  Now the entire league knows they're schlubs.  So, yeah, seriously, you have to think one or both will be on the trading block soon.

FOR TRADE:  Over-drafted QB with no success in the NFL.  Cannot throw deep.  Also for trade, QB with no success in the NFL who cannot throw anything but the deep ball.  Will consider packaging both for right offer.  Must include multiple draft picks and edible items for Nazi coach.

Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 11:01 »

The Browns are the most hilarious organization in the NFL. They do have competition, though. And are we in the Golden Age of terrible franchises, or what?

You could merge the Raiders, Browns, and Lions, and they'd finish 5th in the SEC.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 12:19 »

Now if the Jets could pry TO away from the Bills, the development of Sanchez would be guaranteed.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: