Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 22, 2014 at 07:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which sure-handed receiver will finish his NFL career with better stats?
Braylon - 8 (61.5%)
Limas - 5 (38.5%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Braylon Edwards vs. Limas Sweed  (Read 1066 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Oct 08, 2009 at 07:59 »

Is Braylon a terminal head case, or will Rex Ryan turn him around?  If Ryan can't turn him around, will he grill and eat him?

Will Limas work his way out of the doghouse and show that he was a first-round talent who we got for a steal?  Or is he on the Willie Reid career course?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 09:00 »

I'm playing the odds and assuming they are BOTH busts.

That being said Bust #1 (BE) has more catches on the books, so he's more likely to "win" this battle of the titans.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 09:33 »

I'll spot ya all of Edwards' receptions that pre-date the 2009 season (including his monster '07 season numbers) and Limas still won't come close to matching Wailin's production.

Edit:  Wtf?  5 people actually think Sweed will outperform Edwards longterm?  Level?
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 at 09:36 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 09:42 »

I'll spot ya all of Edwards' receptions that pre-date the 2009 season (including his monster '07 season numbers) and Limas still won't come close to matching Wailin's production.

Edit:  Wtf?  5 people actually think Sweed will outperform Edwards longterm?  Level?

I must have misread it -- I was assuming their numbers from here on out. I think Braylon's gonna pull a Plaxico within a couple of years and Sweed will become a solid #3 or #4 receiver for a few years.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2009 at 11:48 »

I want to change my vote.  Did anyone see him the game last night?  He had at least two killer catches.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2009 at 13:57 »

I missed his TD catch and only saw a quick replay, so I may not have properly processed what I saw...or thought I saw.

Did he get both feet in?

What I saw was him getting one foot in, then pogo-sticking back and getting the same foot in, before going out of bounds. I think it was his left foot. One of the announcers said something like, "there's one and there's two..." but it was the same foot. Unless I just missed him getting the other foot down.

Anyone.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2009 at 14:07 »

Can't help ya.  I'll watch the TiVo later, but I spent most of the game finishing putting in the cement front stoop to go with the new storm door I installed last weekend.  Mrs. Finny is trying to kill me with the honeydew.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2009 at 14:19 »

Mrs. Finny is trying to kill me with the honeydew.

Didn't you buy a new flat screen within the last year? WTF?

Might as well be using the Penso B&W set, if you're only catching the odd glimpse.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2009 at 14:26 »

Mrs. Finny is trying to kill me with the honeydew.

Didn't you buy a new flat screen within the last year? WTF?

Might as well be using the Penso B&W set, if you're only catching the odd glimpse.

Nah, considered it, but it's looking good for a new one this year.  Costco has the Samsung I like on sale, plus slightly bigger than I had lobbied for before. 

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2009 at 14:41 »

Costco has the Samsung I like on sale, plus slightly bigger than I had lobbied for before. 

So it's easier to watch from the front stoop.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: