Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 20, 2014 at 13:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aaron Smith OUT - shoulder injury  (Read 3324 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 11:22 »

What, we're going to be worse than the fucking Browns now?

It can't get that bad.....can it? We'll just have to see how Ziggy stacks up. Rotate the guys. Woodley is going to have to step up on the run. Same with LT.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 11:35 »

Really sucks that Smith is done for the year.  Agree with those who think this could be his last go.  Might have happened regardless of the injury...Steelers extended Keisel (instead of Clark, who seems a leader in Troy's absence) and drafted not one but two DL.  Maybe the Steelers see the writing on the wall or had a discussion with Aaron. 

Sonny Harris had a nice preseason.  I think he was a casualty of the quantity game and less quality.  Wex, Lolley, et al, have said vets were surprised that Harris was cut (v. Redman's cut).  He's not a starter.  If Z ain't a starter, Harris is more of a body.  But maybe a body for the longer-term. 

Eason and Kirschke have improved since 2007.  They aren't #91 but I don't feel as bad about the D as I saw back then.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 11:51 »

Really sucks that Smith is done for the year.  Agree with those who think this could be his last go.  Might have happened regardless of the injury...Steelers extended Keisel (instead of Clark, who seems a leader in Troy's absence) and drafted not one but two DL.  Maybe the Steelers see the writing on the wall or had a discussion with Aaron. 

Sonny Harris had a nice preseason.  I think he was a casualty of the quantity game and less quality.  Wex, Lolley, et al, have said vets were surprised that Harris was cut (v. Redman's cut).  He's not a starter.  If Z ain't a starter, Harris is more of a body.  But maybe a body for the longer-term. 

Eason and Kirschke have improved since 2007.  They aren't #91 but I don't feel as bad about the D as I saw back then.

That said, the Harris signing has no impact on the here and now

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 13:40 »

Why do I feel like our season is over already? 

Let's not head for the side of the Fort Pitt Bridge just yet...

If this is indeed the end for Aaron Smith (and I'm not convinced that he's ready to hang it up) then he will go down as a legend in Pittsburgh Steeler history, whether anyone else knows about him or not.  He is the epitome of everything this organization strives to be.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 13:57 »

If this is indeed the end for Aaron Smith (and I'm not convinced that he's ready to hang it up) then he will go down as a legend in Pittsburgh Steeler history, whether anyone else knows about him or not.  He is the epitome of everything this organization strives to be.

Ditto that.  Even if his helmet is too small.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #35 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 14:08 »

Ditto that.  Even if his helmet is too small.

:smallhelmet: :bighead:

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 14:55 »

I'm not counting this as the end of our season, or Smith's career, even though it sucks gangrenous donkey testicle. 

But I do think it's yet another sign that the great Steeler defense of '08 was the high-water mark of a specific group of players, and that change is coming.  Guys like Smith, Townshend, Hampton, Farrior, and prossibly Clark (contract) and Polamalu (wildman propensity for injury) might not be a part of this defense in the 2- to 3-year window.  The offense, OTOH, is mostly younger, with Parker, Ward, and possibly San Antonio (contract) the exceptions.  But on offense, there are ready replacements (Mendy, Wallace, possibly Sweed, if'n).

I don't mean to get weepy and sentimental, but the times they are a-changin'.

And now for the Christmas songs of Bob Dylan!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #37 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 14:59 »

Featuring Animatronic Bing Crosby!

True, that may have indeed been the high-water mark.  And if guys like Hampton, Smith and Clark are not long for this roster doesn't attention then turn to LeBeau?  Does he wanna break in a batch of babies?  Now THAT will be a true changing of the guard.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 15:24 »

And if guys like Hampton, Smith and Clark are not long for this roster doesn't attention then turn to LeBeau?  Does he wanna break in a batch of babies?  Now THAT will be a true changing of the guard.

Can we please not speculate on that?
I'm not ready for that change...
Not yet.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 15:59 »

Featuring Animatronic Bing Crosby!

I read "Aromatic Bing Crosby"

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: