Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 00:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would It Have Been Wrong...  (Read 1217 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Oct 13, 2009 at 14:24 »

To kill a screaming 2 year old at the bar where we watch the Steelers? And the Dad too?

Dude comes to the bar with his daughter and stays for the entire game. His kid would let out an ear piercing scream, about every 45 seconds. No lie. For the duration. No toys or anything to keep her busy. Just strapped her into the high chair and drank beer with his buddy. Some fries at halftime, offered a short break, then it was back to the screaming. Misery.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2009 at 14:35 »

Depends om whether they were Steeler fans.

If "no," then "no, it would not have been wrong to kill them," so long as you dispatched them swiftly, in order to minimize the noise of their demise interfering with the enjoyment of the rest of the game.

If "yes," then "yes, it would have been wrong to kill them," and it would have been best to simply knock them both unconscious with a bottle over the head.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2009 at 16:06 »

Next time call CPS or something, maybe there's a Steeler fan there.

Children of that age should not be foisted upon the world, it's just not right.  Sorry, pops, you don't get to leave the house with child until it is properly trained.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2009 at 20:26 »

You shoulda just walked over and handed the kid a bourbon.
That woulda solved the problem.
 wacko

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 08:06 »

Screaming kids put me over the edge in about 15 seconds.

When you are talking about someone's kid, and how easily they are offended or how much ego they have, it could easily become a fistacuffs in mere seconds.  Tough call.

BV's major rule for his own kids - no screaming.  When they are outside playing in the summer - no screaming for the sake of screaming.  Do the neighbors really want to listen to that?  NO.  The neighbor kids scream constantly.  If they are in my yard, playing with my kids, I tell them if they want to scream, go do it in their own yard.   :cranky:

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 08:10 »

Stay in yer own yard you gaddamned keeds!1!!

old

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 13:45 »

:getthefuckoffmylawn:

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 08:27 »

To kill a screaming 2 year old at the bar where we watch the Steelers? And the Dad too?

Dude comes to the bar with his daughter and stays for the entire game. His kid would let out an ear piercing scream, about every 45 seconds. No lie. For the duration. No toys or anything to keep her busy. Just strapped her into the high chair and drank beer with his buddy. Some fries at halftime, offered a short break, then it was back to the screaming. Misery.

Did your buddy show up again this week with his screamin kid?

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 12:31 »

Did your buddy show up again this week with his screamin kid?

I saw the other guy that was sitting with him and as soon as he walked in, I asked if that little jackal would be back. Thankfully, no.

But...some new dude showed up and decided to tell us his life story. He was either heavily medicated or just completely fucked up. First, he tells us about his stroke and his wife sending him his divorce papers while he was in the hospital. Then he told us about the best time he had watching the Steelers in Cleveland, IL...then he corrected himself and said it was Cleveland, MO. Told us about all this Steelers memorabilia he had to get rid of. Some Iron City wine bottles and stuff from Triple A Field. He'd watch the game in one section of the bar and then walk over to our section and ask what the score was. Said he couldn't see the screen. Dude, if you can't see the 60" screen, why did you make the trip to the bar?

I'm hoping I can watch at home next week. It's been misery the last 2 weeks. Unless the Rams get blacked out or they move the game, I'll have no choice but to go back. 
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 12:45 »

I absolutely can't stand watching the game in a bar. 

I figure if I watch half the games in a bar, and half are televised locally, I'll spend roughly $30 at the bar.  At least a few drinks, something to eat and tips.  That's $240 right there and enough to cover the cost of The Ticket.  If it is realistically more like 10 games at the bar, and $300, it is a no brainer.  Plus when there is other stuff going on, I can record and start watching part way through the game.  I can also pet the dog and brush him during the game, becasue I love him so.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: