Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 07:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would It Have Been Wrong...  (Read 1392 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 12:51 »

I absolutely can't stand watching the game in a bar. 

I like watching it with some other fans. Usually that's at the bar. We used to chimney it up, so the bar was the place. Also don't need to worry about the language, at the bar. It's cheap where we go. Run a tab, they miss a few...$20-25 tops.

But the worthless Rams may give me no choice. Hopefully, I can just invite the crew over and watch it in HD on the 57".

What do you do when they make a great play? Scream, stand up and offer daps to yourself?
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 13:11 »

Bars around here are worthless.  Either too crowded, with a bunch of yuppie 20-something know-nothings and an over-priced menu, or a local dive with some damning element.  Typically, we would risk the latter, now that we've forgone the Ticket on a price-per-game-to-be-missed basis. 

Against the Bears, we go to this local spot.  "The Tops," it's called.  Hasn't been renovated since Eisenhower was president.  With the new smoking laws, fewer bars can allow smoking, following some weird percentage formula of business take at the bar and separate access doors for the bar.  Bottom line, The Tops is apparently some sort of smoker's paradise.  OK, some folks smoking, no biggie, but this is a 15-seat horseshoe with no apparent ventilation.  Couple of drunken alligators, with maybe 6 teeth between them, stake out center stage and opine loudly on how much they want the Steelers to lose, how Ben's a rapist, all that shit.  Younger guy near us tries reasoning with them; I smile a "fuck you very much" type look and ignore them, as the wife is along.  Our eyes are on fire.  The televisons, arrayed over the ancient bar bottles, are no larger than 24" each.  I order some wings, forget what she had, we're getting bloated on lite beer and not enjoying any of it.  The bathroom looks like something out of Abu Graib, and at first the pterodactyl barmaid in charge of the scene can't change the DirecTV channel to the correct station, even though we told her it was 712 or whatever the fuck it was.  So I have to go help her, back in the filthy area where they apparently store the big cans of tomatoes and the mice bait and shit like that, and all the so-called electronic equipment looks like it was built in Eastern bloc countries circa 1981 and is covered in some sticky reduction of grying grease that has congealed out of the air. 

Believe me, I was more interested in seeing a movie and catching the recap than suffering that shit with the local yokels again. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 13:58 »

What do you do when they make a great play? Scream, stand up and offer daps to yourself?

I post on the game day thread with my MGS bretheren.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 18:20 »

I post on the game day thread with my MGS bretheren.

Word!

:explodinghifive:

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: