Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 15:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4-2 hell of a lot better, but...  (Read 590 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« on: Oct 18, 2009 at 23:21 »

If I'm a Steelers rival, I'm not too worried yet.  We've recovered from blowing two games late, but look at our wins.  2-2 SD at home the best of the lot (and we always win at home vs. Chargers).  Rest of wins against combined record of 2-16.  And no real blowouts.  OT win, Detroit had chance late, even Cleveland hung around for most of the game.

Next two weeks will tell us a lot.  Beat Minny at home then at Denver on Monday night, and I think we're in business.  Even a split would probably be bearable, but I just don't see either of them as really dominant teams despite their records.  Minny's early schedule set up nicely for them, with their 3 toughest games at home, so this will be their first tough road test.  Denver's win vs. NE is impressive.  Before us they have back to back road games vs. SD and Baltimore.  If they're 7-0 when we go out there, then they're legit in my book.

If we're 4-4 after those two games, with the lack of quality teams on our schedule, it will be hard to convince me we're lining up for a deep playoff run.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 07:37 »

I wouldn't disagree with anything that you said, but it still say it looks a lot better than 2006.  If we come back and get focused against the Vikings, then we can start to look ahead.  A little.  Still seems that we are kind of waiting on this team to "find" itself and its focus for the season.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 07:58 »

I am of the opinion that the next three games will be very telling regarding how this season is going to go.  Vikings are not push over and they seem to thrive when we seem to fold (4th quarter.)  The bye week and getting rested will be useful but then we have the (yet to be defeated) Broncos and the Bengals Grudge match.  If they go 2-1 through this stretch and one of those wins is the Bengals, looking pretty good.  1-2 and another loss to the Bengals, we have to hope for a WC and getting hot late.  I am sure this isn't lost on this team and Tomlin will make it clear.  The next three games predict the season IMO...

PUMA
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 08:19 »

We need something to set the tone for the defense the second half of the season.  I've been saying that they are what will ultimately decide our postseason fate (getting to, playing in).  We just haven't shown we can really shut teams down that we need to; it's the same old "playing to the level of the competition."  There are obviously issues that the offense needs to work on, but I think they've shown more of a tendency to take on challenges and improve.

I just don't think you can let teams like the Lions and Browns score as much as they have, or let them move the ball they way they have.  Put it this way: we saw what happened to a team whose defense was playing well when they played the Saints... how you stoppin' that?!  There's just no way, not right now. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: