Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 22:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reed cited for public intoxication  (Read 2427 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Oct 19, 2009 at 01:48 »

Steelers kicker Reed cited for public intoxication
Monday, October 19, 2009
By Dan Gigler, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was given a citation for public intoxication and disorderly conduct around 9 p.m. last night outside of McFadden's bar on the North Shore, according to Pittsburgh Police.

Police said that he will be mailed a summons to Pittsburgh City Court.

Earlier this year, Mr. Reed, pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and criminal mischief after police said he damaged a paper towel dispenser and harassed employees at a Sheetz convenience store in New Alexandria in February.

In that incident, witnesses told police that Mr. Reed, 30, went into the store bathroom and then became infuriated that there were no towels in the dispenser. He began banging on the dispenser and hurling profanities at employees, even after leaving the store.

Mr. Reed received a summary citation and was fined $543.50, which includes $210 in restitution to the store.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09292/1006696-66.stm#ixzz0UMTpfIHk
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 07:39 »

No real shock value here, but if Mr. Goodell is reading the P-G, there could be a problem.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 07:54 »

Buncha critical misses, constant meltdowns in public..wow, Reed really wants to not make
some money after this season, eh? 

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 08:02 »

:12stepkicker:
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 08:17 »

Talk about a guy who is doing everything he can to get out of the 'Burgh...  So much goodwill being wasted on this guy.  Lovable Skippy keeps getting his name in the news and for all the wrong reasons. 

Here's hoping this forces him to rededicate himself but if not, I am liking the Purdue kicker for next season.

PUMA
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 09:56 »

Peyton Manning would not approve.  Kyle Orton would, though.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 11:16 »

A question, though: If Reed is suspended for multiple games this season, what will we do?

I can't imagine how pissed I will be if we have some FA douchebag kicker that comes in and misses a bunch of field goals at Heinz, just because Reed is out of control.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 11:55 »

Dude, it was Cleveland.  Act like you've been there before.

And totally trashed before 9 oclock when game ended at 4:15?  Plus postgame, showers, all that other crap.  "Mr. Reed" was hitting it hard.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 12:06 »

Dude, it was Cleveland.  Act like you've been there before.

And totally trashed before 9 oclock when game ended at 4:15?  Plus postgame, showers, all that other crap.  "Mr. Reed" was hitting it hard.

Sounds like a combo to me.  I mean, yeah, I can theoretically get hammered by 9, assuming I'm starting around 6, and I'm drinking bourbon, straight, quickly.

But somehow methinks all this erratic behavior is more than just wine spritzers.  Don't know if he's smoking, doing pills, whatever, but sure sounds like he's an artist of mixed media.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 12:19 »

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_648769.html

Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: