Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 19:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reed cited for public intoxication  (Read 2235 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 12:22 »

What an idiot.  It's a damn shame he's such a good bad weather kicker, because I have a strong feeling Skippy might be in his last year with the PS.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 12:44 »

No real shock value here,

You can say that again.  Stories of Reed at the Igloo club at Mellon arena are well known.  Security basically has to kick him out because he stays well after the game is over, getting drunk, acting like an ass and hitting on 17-18 year old girls.  I heard this straight from an employee at Mellon Arena who I have known for years.

jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 13:03 »

sounds like something that would happen out front of 200 Fifth after a Steeler win if BleedGreen would come to Brooklyn and watch a game....

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 13:43 »

Agree that multiple substances may be involved, but sounds like alcohol is definitely primary and could be only substance involved.  Either way, dude needs help.  And if he doesn't come out and seek it quickly, I suspect he will be allowed to finish his contract and then quietly ushered out the door.

And Spaeth, come on, find a bathroom.  you're 6'7", 270.  Not like you're blending into the background.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 13:49 »

Agree that multiple substances may be involved, but sounds like alcohol is definitely primary and could be only substance involved.  Either way, dude needs help.  And if he doesn't come out and seek it quickly, I suspect he will be allowed to finish his contract and then quietly ushered out the door.

And Spaeth, come on, find a bathroom.  you're 6'7", 270.  Not like you're blending into the background.

Yeah.  Not professional in any sense.

Spaeth needs a different role model.  And a reverse-Whizzinator.  You know, after the last bar piss you tuck your Johnson in a tube that goes to some bottle that collects any uncontrollables.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Joetorious

« Reply #15 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 14:21 »

This jogged a memory I had long-forgotten. I, too, was caught by Pittsburgh Police urinating in public in Pittsburgh (albeit in the wee hours of the morning - not 9 p.m. - and when I was but in college). However, unlike Spaeth, I avoided being ticketed. Perhaps that was because my buddy didn't attempt to fight the cops.

#Lucky

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 14:29 »

BTW, Fuck Spaeth. That guy is pretty worthless...and now he's getting our kicker arrested.

If Skippy gets suspended, I hope the team suspends Spaeth, too.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 14:33 »

And here we go...

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09292/1006696-66.stm

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jcharding

« Reply #18 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 14:58 »

The lingering question in my mind is whether Reed even finishes the season with the Steelers given that this is not the first instance of this behavior. 

I don't need no stinking avatar!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 15:15 »

Dude, it was Cleveland.  Act like you've been there before.

And totally trashed before 9 oclock when game ended at 4:15?  Plus postgame, showers, all that other crap.  "Mr. Reed" was hitting it hard.

Sounds like a combo to me.  I mean, yeah, I can theoretically get hammered by 9, assuming I'm starting around 6, and I'm drinking bourbon, straight, quickly.

But somehow methinks all this erratic behavior is more than just wine spritzers.  Don't know if he's smoking, doing pills, whatever, but sure sounds like he's an artist of mixed media.

Of course, you guys are assuming that it all started after the game was over.

Let's see...

Drilled two FGs yesterday, at home.
Missed FGs @ Chicago and @ Cincy.

My suggestion...two sideline coolers.  One filled with Reed's drink of choice, the other with Gatorade for the remaining 52.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: