Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 21:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reed cited for public intoxication  (Read 2230 times)
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #20 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 15:18 »

I know Reed does many a douchy thing, but he's a helluva good Heinz Field kicker. How devastating would it be if we had to pin our hopes on a Kris Brown-esque kicker again?

That said, I saw Reed's family when I stopped at training camp this past summer. From sheer looks and this incident alone, I have to say that Jeff Reed's dad is trying to be the next Joe Simpson (Jessica and Ashlee's dad).

I think if the price is right, I'm completely willing to overlook towel dispenser beat-downs and public intox event for the traditionally steady Jeff Reed.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 15:24 »

I think if the price is right, I'm completely willing to overlook towel dispenser beat-downs and public intox event for the traditionally steady Jeff Reed.

Don't know if I'm in agreement with that.  I think the dude needs to get his head on straight, then I'd be willing ot resing him.  Let him spend the offseason at the Betty Ford Clinic--if we get him through this year without a suspension.

As for Spaeth:  Dude, you suck.  You are not a starter.  You are not even that good.  The last thing you need to be doing is hitting the bottle and pissing on your vehicle.  Dang dude, keep a big Mountain Dew bottle in there if it's that bad.

And how about go hit the weight room after your typically worthless performance instead of going to McFadden's.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 15:50 »

Dude, it was Cleveland.  Act like you've been there before.

And totally trashed before 9 oclock when game ended at 4:15?  Plus postgame, showers, all that other crap.  "Mr. Reed" was hitting it hard.

Sounds like a combo to me.  I mean, yeah, I can theoretically get hammered by 9, assuming I'm starting around 6, and I'm drinking bourbon, straight, quickly.

But somehow methinks all this erratic behavior is more than just wine spritzers.  Don't know if he's smoking, doing pills, whatever, but sure sounds like he's an artist of mixed media.

Of course, you guys are assuming that it all started after the game was over.

Let's see...

Drilled two FGs yesterday, at home.
Missed FGs @ Chicago and @ Cincy.

My suggestion...two sideline coolers.  One filled with Reed's drink of choice, the other with Gatorade for the remaining 52.

The Maurice Clarett Operating Procedure.  Get yer Goose on wit yer pads on.  Hell, guys like Riggins did it back in the day, Reed's just showing he's not some modern fancy-boy.

My question is, why was Skippy's pops driving?  Vicariously living through the party boy son and his 7' tall small-bladdered companion?  Spaeth is like the sasquatch in those jerky ads, except he's not hairy, and he can't get mad and do anything to the bobos who taunt him, so he's more like some pathetic misunderstood sasquatch who pisses in the parking lot and gets busted. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 16:05 »

Hell, guys like Riggins did it back in the day, Reed's just showing he's not some modern fancy-boy.

"Loosen up, Sandy baby."

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #24 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 20:16 »

Well, just goes to show:  stay your ass in the car and let the po-po handle they bidness.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 22:37 »

I guess we'll be searching for a new kicker next year.....

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #26 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 22:41 »

I don't get the problem here.  Whether he sees two uprights or four or ten, just so long as he aims for the middle ...

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jcharding

« Reply #27 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 09:39 »

The more that I think about this, the more I don't see any way whatsoever Reed is a Steeler next year (and I'm still not sure he will survive the year).  Its really hard to find guys who remained a Steeler after screwing up multiple times (especially the same way).  Moreover Reed's productivity won't matter, up to and including Pro Bowl status.  If you disagree, I give you two words - Carlton Hasselrig.

I don't need no stinking avatar!
jasonic

« Reply #28 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 09:57 »

obviously we're all Reed fans here but according to the report he "squared up" to the cops and got away with a "simple" assault....what the hell is "simple" assault?  with cops there?  any one of us would've gotten tossed in the tank if we even sneezed anything near what Reed did. 

I have no point, just sayin.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #29 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 10:34 »

Google image "Jeff Reed" and you've got 14 douche bag pics before you see one of him in a Steeler uni actually kicking a ball.

Rather telling in my opinion.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: