Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 08:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reed cited for public intoxication  (Read 2508 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 12:03 »

Not that this should come as a shocker...

Reed will play in Steelers game Sunday
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin said today that kicker Jeff Reed will play Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings even though he was cited by police last Sunday night on several charges after a confrontation outside a North Side bar.

Last year, Tomlin made starting wide receiver Santonio Holmes inactive for a game against the New York Giants after Holmes was given a citation by police for marijuana possession on the Thursday night before the game.

In describing the differences, Tomlin said the Holmes incident was a possible distraction because it occurred later in the week and he deactivated him to minimize the distraction. He said it was "not punitive". Because Reed's incident happened on Sunday, they have "an opportunity to address it," Tomlin said.

Reed was cited for simple assault, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and public drunkeness after he confronted police outside a North Side bar as they were issuing a citation for disorderly conduct to tight end Matt Spaeth for urinating in a parking lot.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09293/1006943-66.stm#ixzz0UUqAK4Gd
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #31 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 12:08 »

Google image "Jeff Reed" and you've got 14 douche bag pics before you see one of him in a Steeler uni actually kicking a ball.

Rather telling in my opinion.

Well, there's that.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #32 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 12:51 »

Last year, Tomlin made starting wide receiver Santonio Holmes inactive for a game against the New York Giants after Holmes was given a citation by police for marijuana possession on the Thursday night before the game.

In describing the differences, Tomlin said the Holmes incident was a possible distraction because it occurred later in the week and he deactivated him to minimize the distraction. He said it was "not punitive". Because Reed's incident happened on Sunday, they have "an opportunity to address it," Tomlin said.

Translation: Last year we had many guys on our roster who could catch but this year there is only one guy on the roster that can kick it through the uprights.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 14:47 »

Translation: Last year we had many guys on our roster who could catch but this year there is only one guy on the roster that can kick it through the uprights.

Where did you learn to speak NFL Coachese...is that you Cowher?

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 16:49 »

LOL

I would think Coors Light could have an absolute field day with Cowher press conferences.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #35 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 17:04 »

LOL

I would think Coors Light could have an absolute field day with Cowher press conferences.

Speaking of those commercials and the Steelers, one of the stars of the Coors Light Presser commercials was sitting in the section next to mine at the Steelers/Titans season opener this year. I didn't recognize him until my homeboy pointed him out.

Like Jasonic, I don't really have a point.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #36 on: Oct 22, 2009 at 12:38 »

I think Jeff is a scream, definitely adds color to the Stillers. BUT...he really needs to get his shit together or in another 5-10 years, he'll end up another Mike Webster story.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: