Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 21, 2014 at 07:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for the Bikers  (Read 2146 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 10:11 »

BV obviously lives a 45 minute bike ride away from Tommy Maddox.

But how many feet is that?

I keep a bike on cinderblocks on Tommy' front lawn.  Sometimes he's a little pissy about it unless I offer him goldfish, but sometimes he's pretty cool and we toss a ball for a bit.  It helps Tommy if I wear a Ravens or Raiders jersey, though.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 11:18 »

My youngest never wanted to get back in.  Once she got out, she was done, so I would stuff her back in there, and ride as fast as I could back to the truck, with her screaming the whole way. 

Lots of fun stuff like hat to look forward to with your kids!!!!!!

El oh El.

Quoted for hirariousness!

Nobody can say family outings at the Virgil household aren't memorable (traumatizing).

B)

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 11:28 »

I'd ride 30 - 45 minutes and let them out to throw rocks or what ever. 

BV's kids are Browns fans?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 11:32 »

BV obviously lives a 45 minute bike ride away from Tommy Maddox.

But how many feet is that?

I'm going to guess about 9,037 and 1/2.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Axeman
Father Time
N00b

« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2009 at 17:50 »

I have a Mountain Bike and I bought a Trainer at WalMart for $99 a few years back, I still use it to this day in the winter.

If it doesn't matter who wins the game, then why keep score.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 08:05 »

Axe - Where (what part of the country) do you live and do you get out much on your mountain bike?

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Axeman
Father Time
N00b

« Reply #16 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 09:32 »

Axe - Where (what part of the country) do you live and do you get out much on your mountain bike?

I live in Dayton Ohio, rolling hills EVERYWHERE and some good Mountain Bike Trails. yes I do get out alot on my Bike, try to put as many miles on the damn thing as I can, I use road and dirt tires on it, depends on my mood, switch them out easily. this past year I put 2000 miles on it. did a couple of Over the road trips, did a 300 miler a couple of months ago.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 13:12 »

Dayton?  Ugggggh - that's where I grew up.  That was long before I started mountain biking, but did some road biking back there.

Sounds like you get quite a few miles in, that's great especially for that climate.  There is no way I would ride in July or August, although this past summer was an exception, which leaves May, June, and September.

Axeman
Father Time
N00b

« Reply #18 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 14:24 »

Dayton?  Ugggggh - that's where I grew up.  That was long before I started mountain biking, but did some road biking back there.

Sounds like you get quite a few miles in, that's great especially for that climate.  There is no way I would ride in July or August, although this past summer was an exception, which leaves May, June, and September.

ahhh, you grew up in Dayton huh Huh?? where about Huh?? I live on the east side, E.5th and Linden Ave. I was born in Toledo and lived there all my life except for the 2 1/2 years I been here and the 4 years I was in the Army. I do my riding from May to Sept. then I get on the stationary bike for the winter. I'm not to fond of this City really, plan to be moving back to Toledo for a few years till my Daughter is grown (4 years to be exact) then it's off to parts unknown to me (which isn't many places) prolly Florida or maybe even Tennessee (which is where I was stationed in the Army) lots of Mountain biking in Tenn. but I got a few years to make my mind up. what part of the country you in now Huh??

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 15:40 »

5th and Linden?  Do you have a concealed weapons permit?  That is what I consider rough territory in an Appalachia sort of way.  I can say that becasue back in the day, I delivered pizzas out of the Pizza Hut at Woodman and Burkhart.  The map in my head is getting fuzzy, but we delivered down 5th down to the edge of downtown.  Linden may have been a block South of our territory.  What's the rec center right there at 5th and Burkhart?  I can't believe I can't remember the name of it, but I left there in 1991.  Everything from there West, towards down town, was borderline wellfare recipient territory. 

I grew up in Vandalia and lived in Beavercreek while jacking around and attending Wright State.  Lets see if I can come up with street names.  I lived at Kemp and Grange Hall in a townhome complex - definitely can't think of the name of that - but just North (I think) of the grocery store or auto place that is/was at that intersection.  That is about 2 miles from Wright State.  You prolly know where that is.

I now live in the Denver Metro area, on the South West side of Denver.  Just started Mountain biking about 2 years ago but I am really into it.  I have posted a few video clips and my rides (GPS cyclo-puter overlays actual route on google earth) in some other threads.  I'll see if I can dig them up and add them to this thread.

Fortunately, the scenery, weather, and topography here are quite different than that of Ohio.  Very low humidiy, and at higher elevation where the biking takes place, not overly hot.  Here the riding season is generally March through November.  March you have to pick your spots, as some still have snow, and the same with November.

Where do you ride around Dayton?

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: