Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 17:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So another undefeated will not bite the dust at the Ketchup Bottle  (Read 365 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Nov 02, 2009 at 07:36 »

The Broncos choke at Balty, and in doing so, they looked like...well...the Broncos.  Perhaps Kyle Orton is who we think he is???

They looked inept on the road, against a team with speed on defense and some versatility on offense.  IF Bruce Arians chooses to get his head out, we should be able to give them two losses in a row.

As much as I would have loved to see the Ravens buried by midseason, we play better when the pressure is on.  It's almost like we have to have something at stake or we're just kind of lackluster in our approach to the game.  With the Bengals barely in front and the Ravens right behind, MNF, 6-1 Denver coming to town with a bunch of mouthy players, I expect us to show a lot of concentration and intensity in this game.  No one is talking about us being a contender (not that we've given them reason to) and it's about that time of year when we get a little POed and start making people take notice.

At times, I was really impressed with Denver's D yesterday, much faster and tougher than what we've seen in the past.  Any thoughts on how we attack this thing?  Any notion that Arians might figure it out?

I'm also wondering how we're going to defend Brandon Marshall.  Who covers him--Ike?  I'm certainly thinking that Troy will have to help out wherever he is.

This board is dead, let's get it going for MNF.  HERE WE GO, STEELERS, HERE WE GO!  tt03 tt03 tt03

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2009 at 10:19 »

Game is in Denver... So I suspect the dynamic will be a little different than the Broncos-Ravens.  Fully expected Balty to win that, after a bye and a three-game skid, at home, a couple back of us and Cinci.

Looked like the Ravens had some running lanes open, so I think a hefty dose of Mendenhall might be in order.  Get that going, then let Ben do his thing.

Yeah, I figure Ike on Marshall, Gay on Royal or Stokely, but whichever guy Gay isn't covering will have a big day, judging by previous games where we let #3s and deeper have big days.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2009 at 17:30 »

Game is in Denver.

Lol, DUH!  The Preacherman is on top of it, as always.

This makes it all the more imperative, IMO, that we go silent count/no huddle.  No need to try a snap count at the very loud Whatever-the-business-is at Mile High.  Keep that defense guessing.

Nolan is a solid DCoordinator, and we don't need to give them a chance to breath. 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: