Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 18:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention MGS Please Welcome...  (Read 2981 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #30 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 09:29 »

Had my first "losing it" moment last night.  Nothing would make him happy and I needed to keep him quiet so the Mrs. could sleep...she works the night shift with him.  Finally, after 2 hours, she came out and snatched him out of my arms.  I then went into the garage and began funneling Makers Mark.  After much consultation I now realize that I should have put him in his crib, closed the door, turned on the monitor (on low), and let him work it out.  Instead I tried everything in the book to appease him. Lesson learned. 

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 09:37 »

With Facebook, I'm connected to people from HS I lost track of, like my first serious gf.  She's now a grandmother twice...  Crazy shit, man.

Don't think any of the kids were mine...  Errr, wait, I have to do some math now...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 09:41 »

Had my first "losing it" moment last night.  Nothing would make him happy and I needed to keep him quiet so the Mrs. could sleep...she works the night shift with him.  Finally, after 2 hours, she came out and snatched him out of my arms.  I then went into the garage and began funneling Makers Mark.  After much consultation I now realize that I should have put him in his crib, closed the door, turned on the monitor (on low), and let him work it out.  Instead I tried everything in the book to appease him. Lesson learned. 

Brinker

Ahhhh.  Just goes to show.  I'd have given the kid the Maker's Mark and put him in the garage to cool down.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 09:51 »

My "kids" are 29 & 27,

Can we change his user name to KeystoneBC?
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 10:38 »

Brinker

Two things that are priceless for new parents:

and

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 11:52 »

Funny you should say that.  the Mrs. just dropped the little man off at my office...thankfully she brought the drops and the papasan.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 11:57 »

So every day is Take Your Kid To Work Day in the Brinker family?
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 13:29 »

The battery operated swing was my weapon of choice as a last resort.

There were many times I wanted to pretend I was a track and field athlete throwing that ball on a sting by spinning around and launching car seat with infant in it.  My oldest had Colic (sp?) so bad it would drive both of us to that point.  If she was awake, she was SCREAMING.  It only lasted 3 months!!!!!!!!!  I never looked forward to going to work as much as I did during that time.  My MIL thought we didn't know what we were doing so she took her for the weekend.  Any one with kids knows how kid crazy grandparents are.  After about a half day she called us to tell us there was something seriously wrong with her.  FIL and MIL fondly referred to her as Devil Baby from that point forward.

She was born in mid November so it was from mid December to mid March.  No golf outings that time of year either.  She almost got a fully funded trip to the local orphanage.

It was so bad.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 13:32 »

She was born in mid November so it was from mid December to mid March.  No golf outings that time of year either.  She almost got a fully funded trip to the local orphanage.

The Chinese have a simple solution.

Gerbils too.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 14:27 »

The battery operated swing was my weapon of choice as a last resort.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one.  Add that too.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: