Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 23:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I love Coach Leach  (Read 659 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Oct 27, 2009 at 09:54 »

A little background for those who don't follow the Big 12:  TX A&M has been in a down cycle for a few years.  Three weeks ago they were pounded 66-14 or so by KS State.  A week later, TX Tech pounded KS State 66-14 or so.  Last week the Aggies whipped Tech by 30 or so points.  Enter Coach Leach at a press conference:

No, I am not aplogizing to any of them.  Absolutely not. You know we closed up that little room over there as coaches, and as coaches we failed to get through to (the players). It was a failure on the part of coaches and players. As coaches we failed to get through to them, and as coaches we failed to make our coaching points and our points more compelling than their fat little girlfriends.  Now their fat little girlfriends have some obvious advantages. For one thing, their fat little girlfriends are telling them what they want to hear, which is 'how great you are,' and 'how easy it's going to be.' And we had a bunch of people who wanted to win the football game, but nobody wanted to play the football game.  That defies every level of work ethic that exists with regard to football. As coaches we have to solve our failure on reaching them and the players have to listen. I am willing to go to fairly amazing lengths to make that happen. I don't know if I will be successful this week or not but I am going to try and there will be some people inconvenienced and if it happens to be their fat little girlfriends too bad.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/26/leach-blames-fat-little-girlfriends-for-loss/

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2009 at 10:24 »

An instant classic. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print