Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 14:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What outcome benefits Steelers most?  (Read 792 times)
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Nov 08, 2009 at 09:59 »

Who should we be rooting for today in the Cincy/Gavens game (aside from a tie)?

I'm inclined to think Cincy, as I think they'll likely fall apart on their own as the season progresses, and I think the Gavens have already stumbled as much as they're going to (barring their impending losses to the Steelers, that is).

What say you?

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 08:32 »

Agreed.

Four losses for the Ravens puts them in a very difficult spot.  I still believe the Bengals are going to turn to a pumpkin faster than the Tampa Bay throwbacks.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 09:50 »

The pressure isn't just on the Ratties.

We're still trying to win this division, and have a loss to the Bengals... 

1. Really need a win in Denver, so the rematch game with the Bengals would give us a clear division lead.  We're on a 4-game win streak, second only to the Saints and Colts, both of whom looked shaky in spots of late.  Meanwhile, has every other team (besides those two undefeateds) that came out of the gate blazing completely fucking lost it?  Well, maybe not the Vikings.  But seriously, the entire NFL has lost its freakin' mind.  Point: we have some momentum of our own here, and have the opportunity to play 2 division leading teams to take the reins.

2. Two games left against Balty.  They are going to want these games BAD.  If we falter at all against Denver, or Cinci, Balty will smell blood and know they can claw back in.  ESPECIALLY since the first game is in Baltimore.  I would say there's as much pressure on us at 5-2 as there is on Baltimore at 4-4.  Put it this way: we lose these next two games, Baltimore's next game is Cleveland, which would likely have us and the Ratties knotted at 5-4 apiece.  Yep.  That's pressure on us.

3. Miss Kris Brown fucks us again.  I don't care about breaking the Colts win streak per se; the Texans were right back in that game, holding their own, and Miss Kris blows the 42-yarder to send the game to OT.  Bigger picture: Houston was sort of looking better of late and had the chance to go 6-3.  If we take care of business, that puts the Ravens at a distinct disadvantage.  Instead, Houston heads to a bye at 5-4, the Ravens get a gift from Cleveland and are soon 5-4 themselves.  Fucking Kris Brown. 

4. San Diego is at 5-3 following Coughlin coughing it up with that stupendous 4Q playcalling last night.  Chargers are a weak-assed team, and I have no faith in them, at all, period.  If we take care of business, we'll either be the AFCN winner or a strong WC.  That leaves Cinci as either a strong WC or the AFCN winner.  Remains to be seen whether Denver can hold its lead this year, but right now the defense looks decent and the offense is just Orton-esque, which is to say I don't see them falling apart despite losing to the Ravens.  That leaves SD and Houston as the strongest spoilers for the Ravens.  Ugh.

5. If, however, either SD or Houston actually DO make the postseason, they're gonna get slaughtered.  They just don't have the defense, and the postseason is when that shit kinda sorta matters.  Colts lose Marlin Jackson, who hasn't played much, and Bob Sanders, ditto, and I still think they're a shaky undefeated.  Last year they crept back into the postseason with a shaky defense, and I think people are just awed by the Peyton Mystique and memories of the '06 SB win.  They can certainly drop points on you, but I think they're getting too much credit.  Bengals = pumpkins.  We owned them, just as we owned the Bears, and the Bears have been getting their asses handed to them lately.  Bengals are flying on confidence, and need a good punch in the jaw.  Jets can't shit in a toilet without missing, so not worried about them.  Patriots are getting back to some offensive form, and IMO have more juice than the Colts, but their defense has its issues, too...  We still have some shit to put together IMO, but it looks like the postseason could/should come down to some familiar names: Colts, Steelers, Pats... Broncos and Bengals a little behind... Ravens, Chargers, or Texans clawing for that 6 seed.  I like our chances.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 10:56 »

3. Miss Kris Brown fucks us again.  I don't care about breaking the Colts win streak per se; the Texans were right back in that game, holding their own, and Miss Kris blows the 42-yarder to send the game to OT.  Bigger picture: Houston was sort of looking better of late and had the chance to go 6-3.  If we take care of business, that puts the Ravens at a distinct disadvantage.  Instead, Houston heads to a bye at 5-4, the Ravens get a gift from Cleveland and are soon 5-4 themselves.  Fucking Kris Brown

It's like Jerry Seinfeld's car.  No matter how you clean it up or how far away you try to get, it still smells!!!  IT STILL SMELLS!!!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 11:44 »

Cincy is so close to being in the driver's seat, they can smell it.

jasonic

« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 12:29 »

It's like Jerry Seinfeld's car.  No matter how you clean it up or how far away you try to get, it still smells!!!  IT STILL SMELLS!!!

HAHAHAHA!  i was just in a cab today and referenced this episode as our driver was BBO (beyond BO) challenged.

That aside, we NEED to win this game at least so I can stop hearing the sports announcers saying Cinci is at the top of the AFC North.  Let us at least play our game before you spew this bullshit to me.  finny is completely right as I was yelling at the TV as Kris Brown missed his FG, he screws us even when he isn't on the team anymore.  As for our easiest schedule in the league, it has all turned upside down and now tonight, next week and then the Ratties are huge games and not pushovers so let's hope we don't let them in the games ala Chicago.

Hey Joetorious, how many damn TVs you got?

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Joetorious

« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 12:57 »

Too many TVs, Jasonic. I would love to get rid of my old one (though it is still a helluva TV), but I don't see much of a market for it. It comes in handy when the wife wants to watch Lifetime or some other bu'shit.

Re: the playoffs, I definitely think the AFCN will have two teams (Steelers, clearly, but I'm not sure about whether we'll be the division winner or the top WC seed; Cincy would likely be the other team).

Re: Chicago, they are who I thought they were, which makes me even more pissed that we lost to them.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 13:04 »

Too many TVs, Jasonic. I would love to get rid of my old one (though it is still a helluva TV), but I don't see much of a market for it. It comes in handy when the wife wants to watch Lifetime or some other bu'shit.

Re: the playoffs, I definitely think the AFCN will have two teams (Steelers, clearly, but I'm not sure about whether we'll be the division winner or the top WC seed; Cincy would likely be the other team).

Re: Chicago, they are who I thought they were, which makes me even more pissed that we lost to them.

Way I see it is, beating the unbeaten Vikings was a quality win.  In the Bengals and Bears games, those are also quality wins for us: we beat the Steelers twice.

In all seriousness, the Bears have swirled down the crapper but fast.  
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2009 at 14:06 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Joetorious

« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 13:32 »

Way I see it is, beating the unbeated Vikings was a quality win.  In the Bengals and Bears games, those are also quality wins for us: we beat the Steelers twice.

In all seriousness, the Bears have swirled down the crapper but fast. 

Well played, Finny, but I don't think the Bears were ever that good. A solid QB, but with young WRs. A very weak D (that was extremely weak when we played them, given the fact that Urlacher and another key player went out the week before our matchup against them; at least now they've had time to play together for several weeks).

Man, things would be so much easier if we were undefeated right now. Also, I suspect Troy would have been fully rested, with this week being his first week back had we won those two games (and assuming we won the other games as we have).

jasonic

« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 13:44 »

Man, things would be so much easier if we were undefeated right now.

um, yea.   partysmiley

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: