Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 25, 2014 at 06:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quote of the Night  (Read 1608 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Nov 09, 2009 at 21:55 »

"They brought in Berger to improve the punting."

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 22:55 »

I also enjoyed that remark.
 wacko

I'm still the one with the boobs.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 11:58 »

in Ben's interview after the game he had at least 3 comments that were either funny or right on the mark.  unfortunately, this was the first game in 4 weeks i watched so can't remember what they were due to alchohol consumption...

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 16:16 »

Dunno who said it, but in the pregame there was the remark, "There's more to being an elite QB than winning superbowls."

Also, Gruden identified Aaron Smith as an interior defensive lineman.  Dumas.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 17:20 »

Josh Reed is our kicker according to Tirico

And Keisel backs up Kirschke

Yep

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 21:21 »

"They brought in Berger to improve the punting."

I got back-to-back hilarious texts when he first came out desparaging The Mitch's worth. One was from a apparently semi-famous world poker legend and the other was from a semi-famous local political official. Really funny.

Dunno who said it, but in the pregame there was the remark, "There's more to being an elite QB than winning superbowls."

Steve Young apparently said that one. He's been getting killed for it locally. At least I should say that I've heard people commenting on it but nobody did it better than the much-despised Mark Madden.

"Somebody get the monkey off my back....."

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2009 at 10:18 »

Is that avatar a young wire-holding Joyce?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2009 at 12:06 »

Steve Young apparently said that one. He's been getting killed for it locally.

Yeah, I caught that before the game when they were discussing why Ben was not considered an elite QB. Young said he needed to become a great pocket QB to be considered elite. That's like saying Ron Jeremy needs to lose weight if he wants to get any pussy.

And Gruden was gushing "just wait until FWP comes back..." Yeah, I sorta miss 2nd and 12.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2009 at 17:40 »

It is. Somebody cam-phoned it for me from one of the old-time season highlight videos. I'm not sure what season in particular it was from but I know Cowher was the coach thus the Larry Richert-narrated title was probably "Wait 'Til Next Year!".

Young said he needed to become a great pocket QB to be considered elite. That's like saying Ron Jeremy needs to lose weight if he wants to get any pussy.

ROFLsberger.

And Gruden was gushing "just wait until FWP comes back..." Yeah, I sorta miss 2nd and 12.

It's sort of sad knowing FWP is a goner here. I know he'll still be around for what is shaping up like another promising run at another title, but it's got to be clearest to him that his days as thee man are finished. I suppose it happens to everyone. Can't we keep him around until we win a Super Bowl in Clinton, NC? Send'm out right?

Gruden is great on there. Much better than last year's model which wouldve sounded more "I can't wait for Parker to get back in there! He's on my fantasy team! And did I mention that I'm bald? HA HA".

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2009 at 18:27 »

It is. Somebody cam-phoned it for me from one of the old-time season highlight videos. I'm not sure what season in particular it was from but I know Cowher was the coach thus the Larry Richert-narrated title was probably "Wait 'Til Next Year!".

You realize that you may end up immortalized in a Coor's Light commercial someday. 

in fact, jasonic is an ad man-- as admin I demand that he make this happen.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: