Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 26, 2014 at 00:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hate to admit it....  (Read 2182 times)
RoundTripperKipper
N00b

« on: Nov 15, 2009 at 19:28 »

but the Steelers were simply outplayed today. Gotta give props to Cincy and them sticking with their game plan. They were forcing Ben to throw underneath and he simply would not do it. He was just a bit off with throws and reads today. 3rd and short conversions killed any offensive momentum. Red zone play calling and decision making was atrocious.

Cincy played it smart and conservative on offense. A lot of max protect. Clark dropped a sure INT that may have resulted in a huge momentum swing.

The boys need to regroup and bang out KC and then deliver the stake through the playoff hearts of Bmore.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2009 at 19:30 »

No doubt about it, the sooner B'more has nothing to play for, the better.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2009 at 20:13 »

I despise the idea of admitting this, but the Bengal defense actually impressed me a lot today.  Now, when you know the formations and exactly where the play is going, it's not too hard.  However, they have some really solid cover guys and their dline/LBs played much better than I have ever seen a Bengals team play.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2009 at 06:48 »

It's all a part of being "The New Bengals." You know, the ones who run routes Phil Simms has never seen in the NFL before, even if Chad Johnson drops the pass. Fuck the Bungals. They will come back to Earth soon. They played well on defense yesterday, and the O-Line looked terrible, and props to them for that. Still a long way to go, and only 2 games out. Let's get Troy back healthy, run some no huddle, and get on a roll again.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2009 at 07:11 »

It's all a part of being "The New Bengals." You know, the ones who run routes Phil Simms has never seen in the NFL before, even if Chad Johnson drops the pass. Fuck the Bungals. They will come back to Earth soon. They played well on defense yesterday, and the O-Line looked terrible, and props to them for that. Still a long way to go, and only 2 games out. Let's get Troy back healthy, run some no huddle, and get on a roll again.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not drinking the grape koolaid mix or anything.  I just thought they'd start falling apart earlier than they have.  As in, yesterday.

The fact that they are winning and OchoStinko is still whining and looking like someone pissed in his corn flakes tells me that they're not long for the territory.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2009 at 09:08 »

Chicken: The Bengals D played a stout game.   They're winning, as Ditka notes, playing Steeler football (D, run game).

Egg: Our offense didn't bother to show up.  Ben and Wallace were out of synch.  Another fine fuckup of a script from BA, who couldn't possibly consider establishing a running game, or running RM anywhere but into the DTs.  It seemed like we kept looking for kill shots rather than moving the chains. 

And, after all that, we still would have won if we had special teams that weren't fucking whores.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2009 at 09:16 »

And, after all that, we still would have won if we had special teams that weren't fucking whores.

I think it was Otis who pointed out that the KO coverage teams are 9 on 11 with Logan and Reed.  I never noticed that Logan was on the coverage teams.  WTF is up with that!?  What is Logan's potential there, speed bump?  You mean to tell me that there's not one other backup on the roster who can't displace Logan on the coverage teams?  Really?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2009 at 10:27 »

What is Logan's potential there, speed bump?

Actually, it's more like roadkill.  Every time I see him, he's getting flattened to the turf.  Doesn't help much to get there in a hurry if you end up face-down in the turf.

And I'm much more comfortable with Wallace and Moore back there in the return game.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2009 at 10:43 »

Well, kickers are always useless, so it's 10 on 11 for every team.  Logan does get down the field fast.  Not sure he's ever done anything, but you see him down there as one of the first guys. 

I see it as more a scheme issue.  We've changed out various players.  Ligashesky sucked in St. Lou and he sucks here.  We have good athletes on this squad, I doubt very much that they just forget to show up every single week on teams.

I think it was Otis who pointed out that the KO coverage teams are 9 on 11 with Logan and Reed.  I never noticed that Logan was on the coverage teams.  WTF is up with that!?  What is Logan's potential there, speed bump?  You mean to tell me that there's not one other backup on the roster who can't displace Logan on the coverage teams?  Really?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2009 at 12:19 »

ST are a glaring weakness and even with the return of Sepulveda and addition of Logan, they still suck. IMO, it would be nice if the ST coach's head would roll. This may also send a message to Bruce Arians that Tomlin won't accept shittiness and further, will fire non-contributors and espionage (sp?) artists mid-season.

BTW, I think I've seen Logan make quite a few tackles on coverage teams this season.

In an e-mail to my dad, I wrote the following:

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: