Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 06:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hate to admit it....  (Read 2437 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 12:46 »

I'm pretty much a whiny bitch every time the Steelers lose, and I'm willing to live with that.

Sorry, but some of the talk after week three was getting a little dramatic.

Now, it's week 10.  We might have a little more reason to whine.  But, it doesn't change the fact that we still have as good a shot as anyone to get a wildcard.  And it's not inconceivable--although it is unlikely--that we could still pull out the division.

How's that for a balanced perspective?

Next time I go to a game, I'm going to meet up with Y2J and chase him and my brother in law around the parking lot.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 14:19 »

LC
- NOT the board favorite

But you know how you could be again  eck02

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 14:30 »

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have mentioned y2j specifically. For that - I apologize. I'm sure, as he indicated, he doesn't like the seeing the Steelers lose or play poorly any more than the rest of us do.

That said, I do stand by the fact that the early season doubts were justified then and they're certainly justified now. And again, I don't recall anyone saying the season was over or that they were no longer Steelers fans. Rather it was frustration that the Steelers needed to win the games that, going into the season, we - and especially they - would have penciled in as "we got this." Being up in the fourth quarter and losing to two teams that have historically been much worse than the Steelers is no way make the playoffs, let alone win the division.

Now we have virtually no shot at winning the division (unless LJ derails Cincinnati) and a tremendously uphill battle just to get a WC spot. We very well could be like last year's 11-win Pats team sitting at home at the end of the regular season.

Anyway, y2j, I hope you'll accept my apology for bringin up a months-old situation.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 16:08 »

Now we have virtually no shot at winning the division (unless LJ derails Cincinnati) and a tremendously uphill battle just to get a WC spot. We very well could be like last year's 11-win Pats team sitting at home at the end of the regular season.

Anyway, y2j, I hope you'll accept my apology for bringin up a months-old situation.

We're currently 1st in the WC battle and with wins against Denver and SD, I think we are sitting in a pretty good spot to get a playoff birth. We have to beat Baltimore, but the rest of the games are easily winnable.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 16:54 »

Joe - Y2J is only the "board favorite" beacuse he used to polish Cowhers nut sack on game day, errr maybe he carried the cable for Cowhers headset.  Either way, that is rock star status in Steeler Nation.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 17:06 »

Y2J is only the "board favorite" beacuse he used to polish Cowhers nut sack on game day, errr maybe he carried the cable for Cowhers headset.  Either way, that is rock star status in Steeler Nation.

He was fired for wearing a scarf.

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 17:56 »

Don't sweat it, joe.

All I'm saying is that you acted like a complete asshole when some people didn't like what transpired in weeks 2 and 3.

Possibly true. I've been known to act like an asshole when the Steelers lose. Also many other times. Daytime, nighttime...

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 18:53 »

Thank you so much next

-Feebs (favorite board)
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2009 at 18:55 by SCacalaki » Logged

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 19:11 »

Thank you so much next

-Feebs (favorite board)

and that's why Scacalaki is the board favorite.

And yes, Vin, I know.
Soon.  Soon.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Nov 19, 2009 at 07:53 »

LC, your antics on this board are bound to bite you in the arse when you run for governor of Kentucky.

Oh, wait...it is Kentucky, so...

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: