Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 08:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How important is Troy and 4th quarter woes  (Read 400 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« on: Nov 25, 2009 at 21:30 »

Just doing a little checking up on things.  I knew Troy was critical to our D, and I mentioned after week 3 that I felt he might be just as important as Ben to our overall success.  Here's a couple things that I think illustrate that point:

We have been ahead or tied in the 4th quarter of every game this year, yet we're 6-4 despite having one of the best closers in the NFL at QB.

We are 3-0 when Troy finishes a game this year.

Obviously 3-4 therefore when he doesn't.  The three wins?  The OT game in Week 1 which was close throughout; the SD game where we nearly blew a 28-0 lead, needing a late FG to seal it; and Detroit, where we went from a seemingly comfortable 15 point lead in the mid fourth to them having the ball in the red zone with a chance to tie.

Maybe the most telling stat of the season:  When Troy plays the fourth quarter, we have outscored our opponents 31-7.  When he sits, we have been outscored 68-23.

Feel free to check my numbers.  But while we already knew we are mediocre at best when Ben is out, it is becoming ever more apparent that we are just as ordinary when Troy can't play.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2009 at 11:00 »

Troy's the man and those stats are telling. I think he came back way too early the first time around (should've waited until after the bye week) and it may end up shortening his career by a couple of seasons. I would rather have scrapped this season than be faced with not having him in the lineup ever again sooner rather than later.

That said, I'm not a doctor and his Marinovich workout might further prove him to be the exception to the rule.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
The Emperor

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2009 at 23:13 »

He is the best player in football.  Yes I know that is a bold statement, but I believe it.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
jasonic

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 12:41 »

remember....it's not a lie, if you believe it.

- Costanza

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: