Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 28, 2014 at 00:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Won't steal Preach's thread title....  (Read 1061 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2009 at 10:34 »

2. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland (jr) - Would be a top 20 pick in 2011, but good chance Maryland gets shaken up after a terrible season, and Campbell opts to declare.  Monstrous size, fleet footed, October knee injury could drop Campbell to us in R2.  

He'd be a natural on the left side.  The extra reach of the chainsaw would stymie any outside speed rushers.  They say he practically massacres opposing defenders.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2009 at 16:35 »

But these are my observations.
3.  I hate seeing Tyrone Carter yapping after every play when he gets in the TV picture.  You're not one-tenth the player Troy is, so talk about one-tenth the amount Troy does.

A graduate of the Santonio Holmes Post Play Celebration School, no doubt.  Seriously?  After every play?  Every one? 

A big first down or TD catch, I get, but c'mon.  That drop the ball from shoulder height move ranks just slightly behind the bicep flex.  Motherfucking annoying.  The ref's 5 feet from ya, toss him the ball, asshat.

4.  I don't see Logan as an upgrade over Davenport or Russel in the return game.  Wallace or Holmes should be taking over right now.

At least he's catchin' the ball...

*knocks wood...multiple times*

8.  Mendenhall ran downhill against the Balty defense very well.  I think he's becoming our best offensive player.

I wish whatshisface (RB coach whose name escapes me ATM) would pull him aside and tell him to stop with the MFing spin move in the hole.  In the end, it'll cost them more than it'll help.  This was one of the gripes I had about him in college.  The dude needs to run harder and less like a scat back; think Marion Barber, not Reggie Bush.

Hit the hole, kid!  Get pissed.  Get low.  Drive!  Don't turn your back on the defense.

With FWP likely gone after this year and Moore being an nice, but less than spectacular fill in every now and then, it's time to snag another late round or undrafted gem this year.  Or, maybe grab a midlevel FA castoff ala Mike Bell who can flourish in the Steelers scheme.  Somebody like Jerious Norwood or...Mike Bell.  I think he's a FA in '10 too.  Or, maybe Lendale White...HA!

FWIW, as to the LB discussion, there are a lot of FA LBs.  Good time to maybe hit the FA market there too.  Replace their last great FA defensive singing with another one.  DeMeco Ryans?  Or, don't laugh, D'Qwell Jackson?  I heard Larry Foote might be available too.  *smirk*

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: