Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 05:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Playoff picture  (Read 5103 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 12:30 »

Was preparing to come on here and ask Preach for forgiveness for my sin of rooting for the Pats to win out.  They play Jax and Houston, and one more loss eliminates both (in practical terms - I think there's a scenario where 10 teams could finish 8-8 in the AFC where who knows what would happen). 

Time to go to the confessional.  In addition to my own hopes for the Stillers to pull a playoff appearance straight outta that assbeard, I will be attending the Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Pentecostal, Non-denominational, and Midnight Catholic Mass services in Pittsburgh on Christmas Eve--in the hopes of both giving the Steelers good karma AND cleansing my soul of the one dark blot of having to pull for the Patriots for two straight weeks.  I'm gonna need a Silkwood shower to get clean on this one.

But then I realized it's possible the Pats could lose out (have a Buff road game this week, and Buffalo by all rights should have won that week 1 matchup).  And considering the Steelers' playoff chances are hanging by an assbeard hair, the satisfaction of watching NE go 8-8 and miss out may be worth it.

So I'll wait a week before I sell my soul.

Not gonna happen, although it is nice to watch them struggling for air against the likes of Buffalo.  And our chances went from almost none to at least slight, so it's time to find your local VooDoo lady here in the upstate area, grab a live chicken, and light up the bonfire.  Although I recommend the Major League KFC version of the chicken.

See you in church this weekend!!! 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 13:31 »

Time to go to the confessional.

I'm on my way.  Do I get some credit for the fact that rooting for the Pats temporarily is for the greater good?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: