Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 19:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plenty of blame to go around  (Read 427 times)
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Dec 07, 2009 at 10:19 »

Ron Cook sums up the wasted opportunities on offense well:

Drives that went to the Raiders' 15, 5, 16 and 25 ended with a field goal, Roethlisberger being stopped short on a fourth-down sneak, a Roethlisberger interception in the end zone and a missed field goal after a sack. This game never should have come down to another defensive meltdown.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09341/1019036-66.stm#ixzz0Z1KGkYGr
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 10:35 »

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 10:38 »

Sorry, I'm not buying. I bought it after the loss in Baltimore when quarterback Ben Roethlisberger didn't play. I even bought it after that disgraceful loss to the Chiefs. Not now. Not after this defeat.

Me too.  I bought it last week when jumping on board with Steelerdipwad on the Super Bowl bandwagon.  But no matter how hard I strapped in, they managed to jostle me off and disappear into the sunset.  Stick a fork in 'er.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 10:42 »

Sorry, I'm not buying. I bought it after the loss in Baltimore when quarterback Ben Roethlisberger didn't play. I even bought it after that disgraceful loss to the Chiefs. Not now. Not after this defeat.

Me too.  I bought it last week when jumping on board with Steelerdipwad on the Super Bowl bandwagon.  But no matter how hard I strapped in, they managed to jostle me off and disappear into the sunset.  Stick a fork in 'er.

Yeah, I hear ya. Looking over the last month, I have to say it's the loss to KC that sticks in my craw more than even the Oakland game, even though we should have played the Raider game with the intensity and focus you bring to a playoff game.

The Chiefs, though, are such an unbelievably bad team. One of the worst teams of this decade. Not counting their win against us, the Chiefs are 4-32 in their last other 36 games. They were the last team the Lions beat before going 0-16.

They lost 44-13 and 43-14 in the two games since beating us. How did we lose to them?Huh?

At least the Raiders have a defense and have beaten some people.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 10:46 »

Yep. Our formula is 3 quarters of offensive bullshit, then one quarter of defensive bullshit.

3/4 BS + 1/4 BS = 100% BS.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: