Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 15:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: @Cle, GB, Balty, @Miami  (Read 544 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Dec 07, 2009 at 09:53 »

Can we even expect this team to maintain a .500 record?  After losing to KC and Oakland, is there any reason to expect another win this season?  Wow.  I guess you still have to like them against Cleveland.  Right?  right?  right?

And they're getting GB and Balty at home.  Oh yeah, they just lost to Oakland at home in a "must win" game.  What's the motivation now?  Is avoiding-further-humiliation the same carrot as making-the-playoffs?

That leaves the game at Miami?  Can you see Porter sacking Big Ben and running his mouth?  Geez.
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2009 at 09:58 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 10:11 »

Win. A. Game.

That's all we can hope for at this point. There's no guarantee we'll beat Cleveland. None. Brady Quinn had a big fourth quarter against SD. What kind of 4th quarter is he going to have against us?

Quinn >>> Anderson, which isn't saying much. But Quinn's shown enough to me that he is fully capable of shredding -- yes, shredding -- our pass defense.

My expectations have been revised. I just hope we finish 8-8.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 10:16 »

Win. A. Game.

That's all we can hope for at this point. There's no guarantee we'll beat Cleveland. None. Brady Quinn had a big fourth quarter against SD. What kind of 4th quarter is he going to have against us?

Quinn >>> Anderson, which isn't saying much. But Quinn's shown enough to me that he is fully capable of shredding -- yes, shredding -- our pass defense.

My expectations have been revised. I just hope we finish 8-8.

Same here.  I can't bring myself to root for losses in the hopes of improving draft position.  It seems perverse and twisted.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: