Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 01, 2014 at 05:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's EARLY...2010 MOCK DRAFT!  (Read 1681 times)
sysadmin7

« on: Dec 07, 2009 at 12:37 »

OK, it's WAY EARLY to have a mock draft right now...but since I haven't been on here in awhile I'm going to put up the 1st MOCK DRAFT UP!

1st Round: Terrence Cody, NT Alabama - At the rate we are playing, he just might fall into our laps! Some have him rated high, but their are plenty of NT/DT's rated high in this draft. With Hampton in the last year of his deal, if this mammoth of a man falls to us there is no way we could pass him up.

2nd Round: Toby Gerhart, HB Stanford - How can you not like this kid? He does everything right and in reality, he should win the Heisman (though it will go to McCoy). This might seem like a bit of a reach, but with Fast Willie possibly leaving and no depth at HB he would be a solid choice. Will we go HB in Round 2? Probably not...but I would be hard pressed to let a HB like this fall to another team.

3rd Round: George Selvie, 3-4 OLB South Florida
4th Round: Walter Thurmond, CB, Oregon
5th Round: Ryan D'Imperio, ILB Rutgers
6th Round: Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State   
7th round: Cody Grimm, LB/SS, Virginia Tech   

I'm sure players will rise and fall after the combine, but this draft should be a Defensive Draft for us as we lack a lot of depth in key areas on the defense. There are quality 4th/5th/6th Round guys like Myron Rolle, D'Imperio, etc that could be solid backups, ST'ers and starters in the future.

LINUX = FREEDOM
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 12:42 »

I don't think Selvie makes it to the third round.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
sysadmin7

« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 12:53 »

He might not, but he's highly "under-rated" right now. Teams have done nothing but double team him at USF, which has opened up Pierre-Paul to run free. His numbers are really low this year, but after the combine his stock might shoot back up. I think he's one of the guys who fall...but should be (talent wise) a 1st/2nd Round type pick.

LINUX = FREEDOM
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 14:11 »

Selvie has eaten WVU's lunch more than a few times...while that pains me, I'd def love to have him on the Black and Gold. Any chance the Steelers could get Suh (trading up, of course)?

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 14:24 »

Selvie has eaten WVU's lunch more than a few times...while that pains me, I'd def love to have him on the Black and Gold. Any chance the Steelers could get Suh (trading up, of course)?

IMO, Suh (and Berry) will be way too rich for our blood.  Too bad.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 16:24 »

That sucks; I hope that's not the case. I hadn't seen Suh play until the other day. It was amazing how devastating/punishing/unstoppable/one-man-team-like he was. And against a quality opponent to boot...

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 08:01 »

That sucks; I hope that's not the case. I hadn't seen Suh play until the other day. It was amazing how devastating/punishing/unstoppable/one-man-team-like he was. And against a quality opponent to boot...

My take is that Suh will go #1 overall, top 3 at the worst.  Berry will likely be top 5, top 10 for sure. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
sysadmin7

« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 13:47 »

Finny,

I don't post much on here anymore...but your draft analysis and pre-rankings are some of the best reads on the internet. Maybe you should contact Mel Kiper and give him some help? Of course, like in all things I don't agree with everything but such is life. Your 2010 Draft list above this thread is already looking good and I'm sure it will get better as time goes on. The prospects you listed for us to look at are probably spot on so far (though I disagree with S Earl Thomas, Texas I think he's a bit overrated) but somehow, someway if we could grab a guy like Berry we get him, and fast.

It's hard to tell where we will even be selecting, but honestly...I hope we lose every game from here on out to solidify a selection like Berry even if we do have to trade up to get him. Could you imagine Berry/Palamalu at FS/SS? It wouldn't matter what CB's you threw out there.

Anyways, I'll be looking forward to some good pre-draft reading from you.

LINUX = FREEDOM
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 09:45 »

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2009 at 08:01 »

Ras-I Dowling = Best prospect name since D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: