Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 22:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Undesirable Pattern of Behavior  (Read 699 times)
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Dec 07, 2009 at 12:48 »

Tomlin may bench some starters against Cleveland
Monday, December 07, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Mike Tomlin promised possible sweeping changes to the Steelers lineup for their next game in Cleveland Thursday night.

Enduring a four-game losing streak that has knocked his team to 6-6, Tomlin said there is an "undesirable pattern of behavior" in losing games in the fourth quarter and that he will take an "aggressive look at potential changes" in his lineup and his schemes.

Among the changes he noted is the likelihood that rookie cornerbacks Joe Burnett and Keenan Lewis not only will play but could start against Cleveland and that veteran cornerback Ike Taylor possibly could lose his starting job.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09341/1019081-66.stm#ixzz0Z1wEZTHH
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2009 at 12:55 by Y2Joyce » Logged

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 12:54 »

This makes no sense to me whatsoever. Obviously, he can see things I can't see. But from my perspective, Ike is our only good defensive back (healthy).

But what the fuck do I know?
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 13:16 »

I just went to Go Daddy and bought up www.BenchMeIke.com

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 13:23 »

Ike sucks. His effort in the fourth quarter yesterday was noticably pathetic. I rewatched the game this morning and just more and more pissed off with the effort of some of the guys. You can say how much better our team is on paper to another team in the league but that is assuming the will to win is the same and players are actually going all out. I am not seeing that.

Not to keep picking on Ike (because why pick on Ike when you can pick on Gay on the other side!?! Heyoo) but watch Murphy's first TD. Going down the sideline into the corner of the closed endzone, Watch that replay and tell me Ike is in full hustle mode to keep him from getting in. I know there is personal pride involved where you don't want to set yourself up for looking bad and certain "swagga" reputations to uphold but it IS the fourth quarter of a pro football game. Man up and make the play. Or at least try to. The punt-pass that Gradkowski lopped up in the air has to be knocked down at the least. Mundy and Ike didn't even jump for it and Murphy makes another key catch. Then on the final TD with ten seconds left Ike is coming on a "blitz" from the right side of the defense. I use them there quotation marks because, again, I just did not see any conviction to get in and disrupt the QB or anyone else's timing on the play.

Taylor's far from the only one.

I love the guy's "splash" play capabilities but I have to question LaMarr Woodley's commitment to getting into and stayin in peak professional football shape. He's actually improved the last couple games as far as getting to the QB and getting him down, but he is looking noticably heavier this season and has proven too slow in coverage at terribly important times. Yeterday Todd Watkins ran a drag pattern across the field on the game winning drive and Woodley had no recourse but to chase behind in his wake and holler for help. Now I know coverage isnt at the top of the 3-4 OLB job description, but in this fire zone scheme with various different blitzers you've got to do it at least at some given points every single game. If LaMarr wants to be a simple one-dimensional, part-time pass rusher then ok, stay out of shape but be prepared for a reduced role and a reduced paycheck come time for negotiation.

Heath Miller has dropped balls the last 3 weeks. All were huge. All helped us lose.

Joe Burnett holds that INT we win.

I have my doubts William Gay cannot play in this league. At least as a starter. And definitely not in the role of CB where he gives this huge cushion and is expected to read/react and deny the pass or get the man down short of the sticks. Teams are just taking a 3 step drop and going right at him.

Farrior is getting burned by RBs on these simple circle routes. I don't see him getting any quicker at his age. I dont know what the solution is.

Mundy and Ty Carter as youre safety depth isnt good enough. Dudes were lost.

What is Stefan Logan's purpose on the team and has he done anything to prove worthy of living up to that purpose this whole regular season?

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 13:35 »

We will unleash hell at Cleveland.  This I swear!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 13:41 »

That thing Drew Brees has crawling up the side of his face is an undesirable pattern.

We've just got a bunch of 4th quarter bed wetters parading around in Steelers gear.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 15:06 »

We've just got a bunch of 4th quarter bed wetters parading around in Steelers gear.

And if you piss the bed in Q4, you deserve to find a seat on the bench.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 12:54 »

We will unleash hell at Cleveland.  This I swear!

Ah, the 75th anniversery patch points to an advanced commitment to professionalism.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: