Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 09:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Release Willie Parker  (Read 541 times)
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:53 »

Nice guy, done a lot for this team, but he's not contributing and maybe it'll send a message.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 23:02 »

Not sure what good that would do at this point.  I'd hate to see him latch on with someone like Indy or Cincy and help them win a title.  He's gone after this season anyway.

I do agree that some heads need to roll though, but I'm thinking more along the lines of benching guys like William Gay and giving guys like Burnett a shot.

I've been a big Tomlin supporter over the past couple of years, but he's gonna need to back up all that slick talking and actually produce when this team is dead in the water.  If Bruce Arians isn't fired during the offseason, I just don't know what I'll do.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Manimal

« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 23:05 »

Willie's finished, done, over. He's not helping anyone.

And right now, we don't have a #2 running back, which is part of the problem. We have a starting RB and a 3rd down RB, but no one who can spell Mendenhall reliably and produce.

Not that we try to run the ball, mind you, but even if we wanted to install that kind of game plan, we don't have the right players on the roster.

I'm calling for Willie to be released, or at least de-activated, so that we can get somebody productive into the lineup and help this team look respectable.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 23:07 »

De-activating Willie I can live with, he has no value to this team.  It'd sure be nice to give that Redman guy a look over the next month.  :rolleyes:

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Manimal

« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 23:09 »

De-activating Willie I can live with, he has no value to this team.  It'd sure be nice to give that Redman guy a look over the next month.  :rolleyes:

That's a great idea -- I forgot about Redman.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 08:13 »

Now that is just dumb...what would that accomplish?  Fast Willie is a big reason we have won our last 2 SB.  Give the man respect...he has earned it.  Let him go on his way at the end of the season. He knows the writing is on the wall.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Manimal

« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 08:29 »

You're right, you're right. No need to embarass a veteran who's contributed to this team.

But he should be deactivated, or put on IR, simply because he can't play anymore. And there's nothing wrong with that.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 11:31 »

Simple answer is no, don't release him now. Kinda hard to put any blame on FWP during this slide, as he has about 10 carries. Guy is still running hard when he does get a carry, and at the right price I keep him as a backup to Mendy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: