Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 28, 2014 at 05:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bengals could lose out  (Read 494 times)
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Dec 10, 2009 at 16:22 »

This will be moot if we lose tonight, of course.

But the Bengals' schedule is:

at Minny
at SD
KC at home
at New York Jets

Now, even though they're having a nice enough season, these are the Bengals, and I think they're fully capable of crapping the bed these last four games and finishing 9-7.

I don't think this will happen or that we'll manage to win the division. But winning the division after all that's happened would make this an especially sweet division title.

To put another way: LET'S GO! LET'S FUCKIN' GO!
Burton

« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 16:59 »

at Minny
at SD
KC at home
at New York Jets

They could go 0-4 sure, but in all actuality, I expect them to end up being 2-2 during this, with losses to SD and Minny.  From the way they've looked so far this year, I they'll have the focus to get the job done against scrub teams like KC and I think they just outmatch NY.  But on that note, I believe SD and Minny are significantly better teams. 

The only way I can see them losing all 4 is if they go into one of their traditional nosedives/meltdowns they've had a few times over the past few years, but they look like a different team at this point, personality wise than they have been for the last few years. 

P4P: 2:26AM. Drunk as hall. Blurd vission. Nobody to bithc to. Fuick!!

Shine on you crazy diamond, shine on.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 17:09 »

The only way I can see them losing all 4 is if they go into one of their traditional nosedives/meltdowns they've had a few times over the past few years, but they look like a different team at this point, personality wise than they have been for the last few years. 

Not to mention the fact that they both can and do commit to a running game, crucial to winning in December.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 17:32 »

Sorry, just don't see them losing to KC and the Jets if those games count.  Always possible - never expected us to lose to the Chiefs and Raiders, for example - but extremely unlikely. 

Think wildcard at best for us.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 14:42 »

Well, they've taken one step in the right direction.

I'd say that they'll probably win two out of the next three, but most likely lose in the first or second round of the post season.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 10:30 »

Yeah, the Bengals the have the look of a team that had an easy schedule, saw their chief division rivals have down years, and just basically didn't screw up. They're hardly a power, and they'll have a tough time getting past the Dolphins, Ravens, or Broncos in their first game, even at home.

If they get the Jets, they'll do enough to beat a rookie QB but other than that, I think they'll be one-and-done.

This is a nice story for their long-suffering fans, but they're an average NFL team at best. Another reason to hate this season, as winning this division - the worst in football this year? - should have been easy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: