Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 21:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: playoff scenarios  (Read 4843 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 13:58 »

I don't know.  Indy remembers 2005, letting too much moss grow under their heels.  They came to play against Jax Thursday.  IMO the Colts beat the Jets this week.  Done.

Totally agree here.

Plus, I'd be much more worried about the Colts stumbling if they were on the road at the Meadowlands with its quirky winds.  At home, in the dome...they'll let it fly.  The Jets, with Dirty Sanchez, don't have what it takes to come from behind (the helmet).  Indy jumps on 'em early and coasts.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 14:47 »

I don't know.  Indy remembers 2005, letting too much moss grow under their heels.  They came to play against Jax Thursday.  IMO the Colts beat the Jets this week.  Done.

Totally agree here.

Plus, I'd be much more worried about the Colts stumbling if they were on the road at the Meadowlands with its quirky winds.  At home, in the dome...they'll let it fly.  The Jets, with Dirty Sanchez, don't have what it takes to come from behind (the helmet).  Indy jumps on 'em early and coasts.

BTW, Sanchez had three picks against that Falcons secondary.  Awful.  I think he'll be a fine QB... eventually.  But he's looked awfully rookie-ish.  Will follow a really nice play with a really bonehead one, and I think the Colts will handle.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 14:55 »

The more I think about this today, there more I see the Jets fucking this up. Indy has things locked up and are probably going to be resting guys and assuming the Bungles can handle the high powered Chiefs offense this weekend they'll have nothing to play for the last week.

If Cincy and New England win this week, then they'll be playing for the #3 seed in the final week. I know I'd rather have home field for the AFCC game in case New England upsets Indy or San Diego, so I'd be playing to win against the Jets to get the three seed. And, IMO, if Cincy's playing to win against the Jets, they win.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 14:56 »

BTW, Sanchez had three picks against that Falcons secondary.  Awful.  I think he'll be a fine QB... eventually.  But he's looked awfully rookie-ish.  Will follow a really nice play with a really bonehead one, and I think the Colts will handle.

Falcons secondary is plain awful.  I expect the Jets to lay an egg.

Seems like our BCS (Best Case Scenario, not the "other" BCS) is to hope that we're playing the Fish for the last playoff spot on Jan. 3.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 14:59 »

And, IMO, if Cincy's playing to win against the Jets, they win.

I think Cincy tries to play out the thread.  They haven't done much recently, and with the emotional roller coaster they've been riding, they need to finish strong. 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 15:40 »

And, IMO, if Cincy's playing to win against the Jets, they win.

I think Cincy tries to play out the thread.  They haven't done much recently, and with the emotional roller coaster they've been riding, they need to finish strong. 

Yeah, the wheels could come off in a hurry in Cincy if they lose one bad.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 08:34 »

Hou/Jax/NYJ all would have various tiebreakers against the Steelers if they finish 9-7. MIA would be out if they lose to Pit and Ten loses the head to head against the Steelers

I don't dispute any of this post about the tie breakers, but ESPN showed each AFC team at 7-7 and which teams they own the tie breaker.  Steelers only have the tie breaker on Titans.  Therefore, based on the link and analogy SFIC posted, if any team finishes at 9-7 with the Steelers, sounds like Steelers go home.   dontknow

LC:  This team needs all the help they can get.  Prolly need to get some pics up, for the team.   hello   happy6   happy7   tt02

« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2009 at 08:38 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #27 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 10:04 »

b]San Diego at Tennessee 7:30 PM NFL Tickets  | Travel LP Field
SUN, DEC 27 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION  
Baltimore at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Heinz Field
Houston at Miami 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Land Shark Stadium  
Jacksonville at New England 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Gillette Stadium
NY Jets at Indianapolis 4:15 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Lucas Oil Stadium
Denver at Philadelphia 4:15 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Lincoln Financial Field

Week 17
SUN, JAN 3 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
Jacksonville at Cleveland 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Cleveland Browns Stadium
New England at Houston 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Reliant Stadium
Pittsburgh at Miami 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Land Shark Stadium
Cincinnati at NY Jets 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Giants Stadium
Tennessee at Seattle 4:15 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Qwest Field

Baltimore at Oakland 4:15 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
Kansas City at Denver 4:15 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Invesco Field at Mile High [/b]San Diego at Tennessee 7:30 PM NFL Tickets  | Travel LP Field [/b]
SUN, DEC 27 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION  
Baltimore at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Heinz Field
Houston at Miami 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Land Shark Stadium  
Jacksonville at New England 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Gillette Stadium
NY Jets at Indianapolis 4:15 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Lucas Oil Stadium
Denver at Philadelphia 4:15 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Lincoln Financial Field

Week 17
SUN, JAN 3 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
Jacksonville at Cleveland 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Cleveland Browns Stadium
New England at Houston 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Reliant Stadium
Pittsburgh at Miami 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Land Shark Stadium
Cincinnati at NY Jets 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Giants Stadium
Tennessee at Seattle 4:15 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Qwest Field

Baltimore at Oakland 4:15 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
Kansas City at Denver 4:15 PM CBS Tickets  | Travel Invesco Field at Mile High [/b]

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 10:30 »

With two weeks left, here's how things stand:

(1) Indy
(2) Sandy Eggo
(3) Nuh 'Ngland
(4) Cincy

(5) Balty
(6) Denvuh

So, here's a quick two week checklist for what needs to happen (most likely scenarios) for Pittsburgh to get into the postseason:

Week 16
[  ] Pittsburgh beats Baltimore at home.
[  ] Denver loses @ Philly.
[  ] Jacksonville loses @ New England.
[  ] New York Jets lose @ Indianapolis (or lose to Cincinnati at home in Week 17).
[  ] Miami loses to Houston @ home (or loses to Pittsburgh at home in Week 17).
[  ] Houston loses to Miami on the road (or loses to New England at home in Week 17).

Week 17
[  ] Pittsburgh beats Miami on the road.
[  ] New York Jets lose to Cincinnati (if they beat Indianapolis in Week 16).
[  ] Houston loses to New England at home (if they beat Miami in Week 16).

Now, assuming Pittsburgh takes care of business these last two weeks (la), I think the biggest challenge to them getting in will be Jacksonville.  They go to the Razor this weekend and with their ground game, I could see them just lining up and smashing it down the Pastries throat.  Howevuh, New England does still have something to play for as Miami could win out and steal the division from them with a better conference record (3rd tiebreaker).

It should be mentioned that both Balty and Denver could get bounced from the playoffs entirely.  The Ravens have two tough road games @ Pittsburgh and @ Oakland.  They could finish 8-8 and be outside looking in.  Unlikely though.  If Denver can steal one in Philly this week, they're pretty much guaranteed a spot as they would only have KC remaining @ home in Week 17.  *EDIT* - And really, if Denver beats Philly, that would all but close the door on the postseason for Pittsburgh too because they would only leapfrog the Broncs if the Chefs beat 'em in Week 17.

I'm pretty sure the Jets and Houston lose this weekend; relatively sure that Jacksonville and Denver lose; and unfortunately, have no idea if Pittsburgh will win.  If those things happen though, Pittsburgh would control their own destiny and just have to go to Miami and beat the Henne~led Fins in Week 17 and they're in.

director

Let's go!  Let's GO!  LET'S MOTHERFUCKING GO!!!!!!!

Who ride?  WHO RIDE??!!  LET'S RIDE ON THREE!!  ONE!  TWO!  THREE!  LET'S RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tt02
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2009 at 10:34 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 10:45 »

Comer on AJ, try to get pumped up a little bit.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: