Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 22:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: playoff scenarios  (Read 5304 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #50 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 19:41 »

The team that must lose next week is Houston. If Balty manages to lose to Oak(what kinda shitty team loses to Oak??), then the Steelers can survive a Jets win. They can't survive a Hou win.

As much as it pains me to say it, Steeler fans have to be big, big Patsies fans next week.

Fuck. Just one win against KC, Oak, or Cle would have us in. My gut tells me we will come up one win short. Also, a 2-4 divisional record just doesn't cut it. You have to take care of the division first, and we have been terrible within the division.

Spen

« Reply #51 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 20:41 »

I may be wrong but here is how I read things. If the Ravens win next week they are in. The Steelers need two out of three of these teams to lose:Ravens Jets Texans

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiE5iqCeSR57owVue.W9qVJDubYF?slug=ys-09playoffpicture&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #52 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 22:42 »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=currentStandings

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #53 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 23:56 »

If all 5 8-7 teams win, Jets/Ravens are in.  Steelers need Jets and Houston to lose.  Or one of those two plus Denver and Balty; or Houston and Balty.

Indy laying down and Miami not protecting home turf hurt us bad.  We would actually be at win and we're in if those games went the other way.

Now, ironically, we are counting on three teams that beat us (Cincy, Oakland, KC) to help us out, plus the hated Pats.

Cincy Jets are the last game of the weekend - not good.  If Pats win early, which we need, then Cincy has nothing to play for, and in fact might be better off losing just to knock us out.  If Pats lose we are in huge trouble and may be already eliminated.

I'm actually less confident than I was this morning.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #54 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 05:43 »

Same here. I was actually shocked that Miami got beaten so damned badly. I really expected Houston to (once again) disappoint their fan base.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #55 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 07:35 »

Send your "Thank You" notes to Jim Friggin' Caldwell.  Pansy.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #56 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 08:09 »

Yeah, that douche has some karma coming.  I'm hoping the Dolts get dropped in round 2, on principle now.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #57 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 08:27 »

Yeah the Colts really fucked us and after watching the Bengal sleepwalk yesterday I actually think Oakland has a better chance of helping us. Go Charlie Frye.

The Patriots could give a shit about the Steelers, and I fully expect them to take care of Houston. But I see the Bengals doing wahtever they can to keep the Steelers out. They don't want to face this team again. IMO we need another Oakland miracle.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #58 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 09:28 »

Maybe the Bengals will continue to be over confident and want to beat us again, therefore trying to win next week.

Truthfully, I don't think they care about whether the Steelers get in or not.  If they weren't in the playoff picture, and could keep us out with a win, they would do everything humanly possible, but in this case they are in, and they may or may not try to win.  As mentioned, if Pats blow out Houston, then it doesn't matter if Cincy wins or not, so who knows.  I don't think Marv, or any coach, makes the decision to "rest starters" to purposefully lose and eliminate another team.

Speaking of Indy, as a fan I say screw em for that crap.  I think it was stupid not to keep the engine running and trying to go undefeated.  Realistically, Steelers can't poo poo a team for resting starters because it hurts their playoff chances.  Unfortunately nothing we can do about it now, but they can do what ever the heck they want, and nobody really has the right to question it.  If we didn't lose to really really crappy teams, it is a non issue.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
TucsonSteeler

« Reply #59 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 09:45 »

Here are the ONLY scenarios in which we get in, per the NFL:

1) Steelers win and Houston loses or ties, and New York Jets lose or tie.

2) Steelers win and Houston loses or ties and Baltimore loses or ties.

3) Steelers win and New York Jets lose or tie and Baltimore loses or ties and Denver loses or ties.

The Steelers finish their season in Miami. Houston plays New England. The Jets play Cincinnati. Baltimore plays Oakland. And Denver plays Kansas City.

I see Houston and NY losing.  NE wants the seed and Cincinnati does not want to go into the playoffs after playing shitty against KC and then losing against NY.  I actually see Denver losing as well but there is no way Oakland beats Baltimore.

In any case, seeing the Steelers actually play a good/solid 60 minutes of football would be good enough for me.  34-6 Steelers and I am happy. 

You know the key to success in this life is to lower your expectations and then exceed them.
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: