Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 11:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: playoff scenarios  (Read 4836 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #60 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 10:30 »

Yep, Tucson, that's how I saw it for scenarios.

I see Houston and NY losing.  NE wants the seed and Cincinnati does not want to go into the playoffs after playing shitty against KC and then losing against NY.  I actually see Denver losing as well but there is no way Oakland beats Baltimore.

Agree with the Houston one.  I think NE takes care of business, even though I don't think there's a huge difference between #3 and #4 seeds.

If the Cincy/Jets game were going on at the same time as the NE game, I'd be much more confident.  But Cincy will already know if they have anything to play for or not.  If they do, then we're likely screwed because Houston won.  If they don't they may rest up, especially if they have a Saturday playoff game.

Denver may lose but don't think that helps a whole lot.  Agree not counting on Oakland, although it is a long road trip for Baltimore.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #61 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 11:14 »

I could totally see both NE and Cinci losing on purpose to fuck us.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #62 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 11:46 »

I could totally see both NE and Cinci losing on purpose to fuck us.

Not the Pats. These guys left Brady in when they were up big points, on their quest for perfection. They like to make fools of teams and would relish the thought of hanging fitty on the Steelers in a playoff game.

The Bungles will have about 4 hours to decide if they want to tank or not. Some teams play for SBs and some would be quite content with 1 post season win. If they can lose to the Jets to set up a rematch in Cincy the following week, you really couldn't blame them.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #63 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 14:19 »

So, here's a quick two week checklist for what needs to happen (most likely scenarios) for Pittsburgh to get into the postseason:

Week 16
[ x ] Pittsburgh beats Baltimore at home.
[ x ] Denver loses @ Philly.
[ x ] Jacksonville loses @ New England.
[  ] New York Jets lose @ Indianapolis (or lose to Cincinnati at home in Week 17).
[ x ] Miami loses to Houston @ home (or loses to Pittsburgh at home in Week 17).
[  ] Houston loses to Miami on the road (or loses to New England at home in Week 17).

Week 17
[  ] Pittsburgh beats Miami on the road.
[  ] New York Jets lose to Cincinnati (if they beat Indianapolis in Week 16).
[  ] Houston loses to New England at home (if they beat Miami in Week 16).

I'm sure it's been covered in this thread, but...

Woulda been nice if Miami could've completed that comeback and the Colts didn't fuckin' mail it in in the 3rd, but at least they're still alive.  Now, they just to win in MyHammy and have...ah, two of their biggest rivals to...come through for them...uh, when they have nuttin' to play for.

Yeah.  

Great.

Edit:  Also, if Oakland beats Baltimore, Pittsburgh would still need either NYJ or Houston to lose...I think.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2009 at 14:32 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #64 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 14:50 »

Perfect Scenario

Pittsburgh beats Miami
Oakland Beats Baltimore
Cincinnati Beats Jets
NE beats Houston

1st round matchup---Who Dey

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #65 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 15:58 »

Judge Smails:  Oh Billy Billy Billy, this is the big one. . . .

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #66 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 18:27 »

WELLLLLLL..........we're WAITING... Grin

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Spen

« Reply #67 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 01:04 »

Edit:  Also, if Oakland beats Baltimore, Pittsburgh would still need either NYJ or Houston to lose...I think.

Thats how it looks to me, the Steelers have to win and two of the following teams have to lose. Ravens, Texans, Jets.

Not impossible. I dont know what to expect from the Ravens this week. So far they havent lost to anyone they really should have beaten badly so I think that bodes well. Then again if the Raiders throw deep a lot it could really help their cause. Its not a gimme.

I just cannot see the Jets losing this week.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #68 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 09:33 »

Thats how it looks to me, the Steelers have to win and two of the following teams have to lose. Ravens, Texans, Jets.

Not quite.  For some reason if Ravens and Jets lose and Steelers are in 3 way tie with Broncos and Texans, head to head vs. Broncos won't factor in and Steelers are odd team out.

Good news:  Trent Dilfer thinks it breaks so Steelers and Ravens get in (Houston/Jets lose).  Bad news - Dilfer is a tool, albeit a SB winning, game managing tool.  He believes in the Bengals which is all well and good, but while he notes it's the last game of the day doesn't take into account that the Bengals likely will have nothing to play for at that point.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #69 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 09:37 »

Not quite.  For some reason if Ravens and Jets lose and Steelers are in 3 way tie with Broncos and Texans, head to head vs. Broncos won't factor in and Steelers are odd team out.

Good news:  Trent Dilfer thinks it breaks so Steelers and Ravens get in (Houston/Jets lose).  Bad news - Dilfer is a tool, albeit a SB winning, game managing tool.  He believes in the Bengals which is all well and good, but while he notes it's the last game of the day doesn't take into account that the Bengals likely will have nothing to play for at that point.

I'm not up to date on all the seedings/scenarios, but I think the only chance Cinci shows up is if there is some odd scenario where if the lose they play the Ravens but if they win they play the Steelers. I don't see them wanting a part of either team so it becomes pick your poison. If the scenario is win and they play the Steelers or lose and play the Jets, they are going to lay down Sunday.

Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: