Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 26, 2014 at 10:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's gonna step up and be the hero?  (Read 1812 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« on: Dec 18, 2009 at 08:17 »

Assuming the Steelers win out, who's gonna be the guy that takes the team on his shoulders and propells them to voctory? (I feel optimistic again, now that the Colts beat the Jags)

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 08:26 »

The duo of Harrison and Woodley kick it up and notch and combine for 8+ sacks and 10+ TFL per game here on out.  No offense scores a TD and the Steelers set some weird record by winning each game 11-3.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 08:41 »

Last night didn't change my optimism a whole lot.   I expected Indy to win that game.  It helps, but all that was accomplished is Jax has been pulled deeper into the mosh pit with half the AFC battling for 2 spots.

If any silver lining can come from last night, it's the fact that Jax threw everything they had into a home game against a team that was going through the motions and couldn't get it done.  That does not bode well for them when they play NE, and an eighth loss knocks them out.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 10:22 »

(I feel optimistic again, now that the Colts beat the Jags)

Wish I could share your optimism.

Who's got a better job than Jim Caldwell?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 08:19 »

Nobody won the game. Nobody said Ben.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 09:40 »

Ben had a little help from a rookie WR with 0:00 on the clock.  I mean, when was the last time we had a rookie pair of hands that had a play that clutch?  Ben put it on the spot, but I'm still a little shaky over the fact that a rookie had the season to catch or drop.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 10:16 »

Ben had a little help from a rookie WR with 0:00 on the clock.  I mean, when was the last time we had a rookie pair of hands that had a play that clutch?  Ben put it on the spot, but I'm still a little shaky over the fact that a rookie had the season to catch or drop.

I a little shakier about a coach that calls for an on-side kick when he's up by 2 with 2 minutes left.

VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 10:30 »

I'm still a little shaky over the fact that a rookie had the season to catch or drop.

Mike Wallace, Steelers offensive Rookie of the Year!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 10:32 »

I a little shakier about a coach that calls for an on-side kick when he's up by 2 with 2 minutes left.

See gameday thread - I'm totally cool with that call.  First, it should have worked.  Second, after two blown leads last night, by my count we have now blown NINE 4th quarter leads, including three against Oakland alone.

Any reason to think we'd get a stop?

Speaking of which, after sleeping on it it was probably best that Ike screwed that up.  Had we recovered, we likely would have had a conservative 3 and out, give the Pack the ball back and they drive down and kill us with no time left.
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 10:36 »

Wallace was the 5th read on that play.

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: