Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 28, 2014 at 03:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's gonna step up and be the hero?  (Read 1814 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 11:15 »

Nobody won the game. Nobody said Ben.

Ben had a little help from a rookie WR with 0:00 on the clock.  I mean, when was the last time we had a rookie pair of hands that had a play that clutch?  Ben put it on the spot, but I'm still a little shaky over the fact that a rookie had the season to catch or drop.

Wallace was the 5th read on that play.

Again, great job by Ben, but a rookie had our season in his hands. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 11:22 »

Ben had a little help from a rookie WR with 0:00 on the clock.  I mean, when was the last time we had a rookie pair of hands that had a play that clutch?  Ben put it on the spot, but I'm still a little shaky over the fact that a rookie had the season to catch or drop.

Not just ANY rookie, it's Super Rookie.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 14:16 »

No one wants to go to work behind some kid.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 15:11 »

I a little shakier about a coach that calls for an on-side kick when he's up by 2 with 2 minutes left.

See gameday thread - I'm totally cool with that call.  First, it should have worked.  Second, after two blown leads last night, by my count we have now blown NINE 4th quarter leads, including three against Oakland alone.

Any reason to think we'd get a stop?

Speaking of which, after sleeping on it it was probably best that Ike screwed that up.  Had we recovered, we likely would have had a conservative 3 and out, give the Pack the ball back and they drive down and kill us with no time left.

I'm in total agreement, dude.
I can easily see us going 3 & out if we'd recovered, then they score and we have no chance to recover.

In all, I think Tomlin did the right thing given the situation and our defensive secondary this season...

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 15:17 »

Penso still hasn't gotten the hang of this embedded quotes thing yet.

Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 15:33 »

The "post reply" screen is doing some crazy shit. Once the height of the text is taller than the box I'm typing in, it drops the response down below the bottom of the box and I can't see what I'm typing. And I think that makes it more difficult to stick the narrative at the end of the last quote because there are times when I roll down but just don't roll down far enough, and I can't see whether or not I'm at the bottom. In short, I blame a technical glitch for the times I mess it up.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 15:38 »

What?  What?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 15:41 »

The "post reply" screen is doing some crazy shit. Once the height of the text is taller than the box I'm typing in, it drops the response down below the bottom of the box and I can't see what I'm typing. And I think that makes it more difficult to stick the narrative at the end of the last quote because there are times when I roll down but just don't roll down far enough, and I can't see whether or not I'm at the bottom. In short, I blame a technical glitch for the times I mess it up.

I'm not seeing what you mean.  There's a scroll bar on the right and if you scroll it all the way down you should be at the end of the quoted text.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 15:54 »

What?  What?

Ben had a little help from a rookie WR with 0:00 on the clock.  I mean, when was the last time we had a rookie pair of hands that had a play that clutch?  Ben put it on the spot, but I'm still a little shaky over the fact that a rookie had the season to catch or drop.

This thread is going to totally confuse some people.

Especially if I embed comments in two wrong places when I reply instead of just one.

Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 16:12 »

I'm not seeing what you mean.  There's a scroll bar on the right and if you scroll it all the way down you should be at the end of the quoted text.

Right, but when you click on there, do you see the cursor? I don't. It drops down. If I click on it, and then get distracted, I can be looking at an end quote, but it's not the last end quote. In short, it doesn't stay at the bottom of the written material. It's the same way even if there is nothing quoted. If I start typing and the text is more than can be shown in the box, the screen within the box automatically jumps up to the top by itself, so I don't get to see what I've already written after I've typed it. Now, I can stop, scroll down, and then I can see what I've written, but I have to stop and scroll to do that. For instance, when I finish typing the "s" in thismy screen jumped up so that the last visible thing was the end quote after "Nobody said Ben"

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: