Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 06:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ravens week  (Read 780 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« on: Dec 22, 2009 at 08:32 »

I almost wish that Webb wasn;t hurt because it seems to me that the Steelers look at an opponent and see that the opponent may be missing a player or may not be that good, and they don't play as well. That said, with Webb out and the Ravens scrounging the waiver wire for a corner that can hang with Mike Wallace is a good sign.

I don't want to sound overconfident, but I don't think we necessarily need to have Troy back for the game. The Ravens live and die by Rice's legs, and Flacco isn't Aaron Rodgers. I'd rather rest Troy this game and the Miami game and have his fresh in case we get into the playoffs. Of course if he's 100%, by all means, play him.

p.s. I hate the fucking Ravens.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 09:18 »

I don't want to sound overconfident, but I don't think we necessarily need to have Troy back for the game. The Ravens live and die by Rice's legs, and Flacco isn't Aaron Rodgers. I'd rather rest Troy this game and the Miami game and have his fresh in case we get into the playoffs. Of course if he's 100%, by all means, play him.

Ditto that.

p.s. I hate the fucking Ravens.

Completely.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 09:19 »

As awful as this season has been at times, I'm just glad that this game means something. I am going to make a prediction that 43 suits up this week, even at 75 percent. Sure, Flacco will never be confused with Aaron Rodgers, but Ray Rice torched us last time in the run and on screen receptions.

Carter, Clark, and the rest of the clowns in the seconday got beat to the corner by Ryan Grant (not Peterson, not Chris Johnson) so Rice has got to be licking his chops.

Help us Troy Polamalu, you're our only hope.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 10:02 »

How many corners have the Ravens lost this season?

Well, you know what this means.  When we're having success running, BA pulls the plug on RM.  When the opposing team can't stop the pass, BA runs it up the gut.

I call 60% running up the gut this week.  "Rashaaaaaaard Mendenhall, one yard gain!"  Punt.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 11:31 »

C'mon, man, you gotta admit.

It's brilliant! Since everyone -- including the Ravens -- knows that Balty is susceptible to the pass, what better way to confuse them than to come out running it right at Ngata?

They'll be absolutely perplexed as we run for short gain after short gain, that they'll worry we are just setting up a big play-action pass...then on 3rd and 9, when BA calls another inside run, they'll be so shocked they'll give up 6 yards! It's BRILLIANT. I mean, its a GUARANTEED 6 yard gain!

I'm betting the same 3 play sequence for the first 5 offensive series. Then when we are behind by, say 24 points or so, BA will have Ben come out gunning. By then, the Ravens will KNOW we have to pass, but they don't have enough good DB's in their nickel and dime packages to really defend it. So, Arians will actually FORCE the Ravens'  to put 5 or 6 DB's on the field by PURPOSEFULLY mismanaging the entire first half.

The Ravens defense then will worry that they are playing into our hands, especially when Mike Wallace streaks down the sideline, wide open.  Ben will pump fake -- HARD, mind you -- then this well designed play will have Ben turn and hand the ball to Mewelde Moore, who will run up the middle for a quick 2 or 3 yards! Brilliant!

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 11:45 »

I feel ya brotha!!!!!!!

FIRE BRUSIED AREND YOO CHEPEE ASS RODNIY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Burton

« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 18:26 »

It's brilliant! Since everyone -- including the Ravens -- knows that Balty is susceptible to the pass, what better way to confuse them than to come out running it right at Ngata?

They'll be absolutely perplexed as we run for short gain after short gain, that they'll worry we are just setting up a big play-action pass...then on 3rd and 9, when BA calls another inside run, they'll be so shocked they'll give up 6 yards! It's BRILLIANT. I mean, its a GUARANTEED 6 yard gain!

I'm betting the same 3 play sequence for the first 5 offensive series. Then when we are behind by, say 24 points or so, BA will have Ben come out gunning. By then, the Ravens will KNOW we have to pass, but they don't have enough good DB's in their nickel and dime packages to really defend it. So, Arians will actually FORCE the Ravens'  to put 5 or 6 DB's on the field by PURPOSEFULLY mismanaging the entire first half.

The Ravens defense then will worry that they are playing into our hands, especially when Mike Wallace streaks down the sideline, wide open.  Ben will pump fake -- HARD, mind you -- then this well designed play will have Ben turn and hand the ball to Mewelde Moore, who will run up the middle for a quick 2 or 3 yards! Brilliant!

There's a career in offensive coordinating for you.

/LFT for OC in 2010

P4P: 2:26AM. Drunk as hall. Blurd vission. Nobody to bithc to. Fuick!!

Shine on you crazy diamond, shine on.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 15:37 »

There's a career in offensive coordinating for you.

/LFT for OC in 2010

Man, that's probably how it plays out.  Maybe Tomlin won't let Arians down on the sideline this week.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: