Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 17, 2014 at 07:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Screw the Colts  (Read 1341 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 11:39 »

Someone in the office this morning said the Bronco's started complaining because the Colts didn't rest players against them the week before.  Are u F'ing kidding me?  Although that sounds like entitlement Hoodie Jr. would expect.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 12:49 »

The Jets are the luckiest team in this year's playoffs.  First the Indy Clots gift them one; this week, the Cinci Pussycats will probably as well.  Fuck the Clots.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 13:43 »

The Jets are the luckiest team in this year's playoffs.

Could they be a more attractive first round opponent?
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 14:00 »

The Jets are the luckiest team in this year's playoffs.

Could they be a more attractive first round opponent?

Our only hope is that Sanchez gets his undies in a bunch against the Bengals scrubs and tosses the 5 pick game before he even gets to the playoffs.  I mean, he's fully capable of going Cutler on them.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 14:17 »

Sadly, I must rest my hopes on the Raiders.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 15:07 »

I think teams that are playing the spoiler role this week are much more dangerous than the ones that are in already.  Unfortunately for Pittsburgh, Gradkowski is IR'd, I think.  Frye?  Russell?

I don't think we have a vomiting icon that sufficiently displays how I feel about those options.

Vegas obviously knows something as the Jets are (-10) to the Kitties and the Texans are something like (-8) to the Chowda Girls.  I find that last number a bit skewed as I can't imagine Bellychuckle just rolling over and dying even in a worthless game.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 15:15 »

I think teams that are playing the spoiler role this week are much more dangerous than the ones that are in already.  Unfortunately for Pittsburgh, Gradkowski is IR'd, I think.  Frye?  Russell?

I don't think we have a vomiting icon that sufficiently displays how I feel about those options.

Vegas obviously knows something as the Jets are (-10) to the Kitties and the Texans are something like (-8) to the Chowda Girls.  I find that last number a bit skewed as I can't imagine Bellychuckle just rolling over and dying even in a worthless game.

Agree on Belichimp.  But the line with the Jests and Bungholes is IMO prolly gonna tell the tale as Marv sits the ladies.

Oh, and IIRC it's Frye who's starting now...  That's emetic.  The guy whose career we killed in half a game now has the fat fucking chance to bail us out.

I just don't see this perfect storm happening.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 15:31 »

For his own sake, Marv needs to play the 1st string girls.  The last 2 or 3 weeks they have looked exceptionally cr@ppy.  They need to build some mojo going into the playoffs.  That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 11:42 »

For his own sake, Marv needs to play the 1st string girls.  The last 2 or 3 weeks they have looked exceptionally cr@ppy.  They need to build some mojo going into the playoffs.  That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

I heard on the radio this morn' that Carson Daly is pleading to start and play out and Stinko has started his usual war of words directed at the opposing CB (i.e. Revis).  Also, their run stopping DT whose name escapes me at the moment is supposed to play too.  I think he's been out for 2 or 3 weeks due to injury and this is slated to be his warm up for the playoffs.

The bottom line is that the #3 seed is still up in the air.  I would be very surprised if New England doesn't do what they can to nab it.  If they do lose, then Cincy has something to shoot for which would also mean the chance to avoid Indy in R2 should they advance versus the wildcard. 

Do they care that much?

*shrug*

I think the key is to not be wishy washy about it.  You can't gameplan for one scenario, then last minute, switch things up.  That's how you break a team's rhythm and continuity.  Start 'em or sit 'em.  Decide and stick to it.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: